Any of you guys buy/own gold?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sell an ounce gold coin on EBay and they charge 10% commission and PayPal takes their share. So you pay $1600 for a Gold Buffalo $50 piece, then you figure it's worth at least $1600 after 10 years but you walk away with 1350-1400. It is better to sell it for the spot price of gold to APMEX IN OKC which is around $1500 and no EBay or PayPal robbery. You lose money either way but with APMEX you come out ahead-sort of.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still sitting on gold that we mined in Nome, Alaska in 1983. Gold was around $380.00 an ounce then. Cost to mine it was around $150 per ounce. I should have sold it along time ago instead of having an emotional attachment to it. If you're smart you never buy gold at the spot price. Either mine it yourself or learn how to buy scrap gold.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm still sitting on gold that we mined in Nome, Alaska in 1983. Gold was around $380.00 an ounce then. Cost to mine it was around $150 per ounce. I should have sold it along time ago instead of having an emotional attachment to it. If you're smart you never buy gold at the spot price. Either mine it yourself or learn how to buy scrap gold.

I would have sold it when gold hit almost 2k an ounce.

Latest posts

Top Bottom