Any T/C Contender shooters out there??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kinda got interested back into Contenders here recently after trading for another frame, 14" 45-70 w/ scope & brake and a 14" .22LR match. Already had another older style frame on the shelf with a 10" octogon .45LC/.410, 10" .22 hornet, and a stainless 14" .223 with scope.

Lots of versatility here with my 5 barrels, 2 frames, and two holsters...yeah a leather holster for 14" scoped contender!! Any one else have them or shoot them? what barrels you have or recommend? Really thinking about a 7-30 waters next.

I know this is in handgun discussion but lets not leave out the contender carbines too!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep. Really enjoy them. In fact my daughter shot her deer with a 21" carbine in 7-30 waters. Also have 14" barrels in .41 mag, .30-30, .223 and a 10" in .357 Herrett. Have been watching for the right deal on a .22lr barrel...haven't found it yet.

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I prolly would have never got a .22LR if wasn't for that trade. But I love it since i got it, a joy to shoot! 30-30 is on the list to if i find a deal. Already shoot .41 mag in a smith m57 and my dad does to in a ruger. Maybe a carbine barrel in .41 to go with the pistols.

Out of curiosity what is the over all length of your carbine?

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
www.orchardphoto.com_j6zci8.jpg

Black Wildebeest with a Contender in 357 Herrett.

www.orchardphoto.com_i27uu_211.jpg

Coyote with a Contender in 204 Ruger.

www.orchardphoto.com_h5uz178.jpg

Whitetail doe with a Contender in 204 Ruger.

Attachments

• j6zci8.jpg
    j6zci8.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 174

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I prolly would have never got a .22LR if wasn't for that trade. But I love it since i got it, a joy to shoot! 30-30 is on the list to if i find a deal. Already shoot .41 mag in a smith m57 and my dad does to in a ruger. Maybe a carbine barrel in .41 to go with the pistols.

Out of curiosity what is the over all length of your carbine?

I will have to measure it. It is pretty doggone short. Has the youth length stock with a nice recoil pad on it. Very soft shooter for her. The only thing I don't care for is that at the time, I could not find a blued barrel so I settled for a stainless barrel...so we have a pinto. Used a Nikon 2-7x32 compact scope. Handy little package. Someday I want to add a .204 to the stable, too.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine although I can't really remember the last time I shot it. I have .44 magnums in 10" bull and 14", .22LR in 10" bull and 10" octagon, .30-30 in a 10", a .222 in 14" and a .22 Hornet in 14".

Life was much simpler when that gun was my main interest, before the black rifles. I used a lot less ammo then too.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will have to measure it. It is pretty doggone short. Has the youth length stock with a nice recoil pad on it. Very soft shooter for her. The only thing I don't care for is that at the time, I could not find a blued barrel so I settled for a stainless barrel...so we have a pinto. Used a Nikon 2-7x32 compact scope. Handy little package. Someday I want to add a .204 to the stable, too.

Butt-stock to muzzle is 36 1/4".
i1036.photobucket.com_albums_a450_1mathom1_shooting_contendercarbineresize.jpg

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow. My daughter aslo got a deer. She used a T/C youth carebine in 44 mag. She had practiced with the 22LR barrel and was ready when it was time.

Very cool. I really like single shot firearms for beginning hunters. Only having that one shot seems to make for better concentration on making it count. These Contenders are some of the best one-shooters. I just wish there were more 16" barrels around.
This has kind of become a carbine thread! LOL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom