Any truckers or Farmers or other diesel fuel users, please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have seen and heard it both ways. A buddy that drives a rig says the company chatter is saying it's overhyped. They say that yes it's possible, but unlikely to be as dire as what the naysayers are predicting.

I hope they are right.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother-in-law says diesel has doubled since Biden took office and according to his Co-op farming buddies is expected to triple maybe even quadruple that if you can get it.

Another aquaintence is a GC and cannot get electrical panels and breakers and other components to build houses and businesses. He said they have been back ordered for at least a year and have already been waiting on several orders for over 8 months. That's what we get from China being our "most favored nation" and not taking their patent and intellectual property theft seriously.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Media sensation and trouble-stirring crap.

That area (East Coast) has pretty much a continual rolling average, of about 20-21 days on refined ready to be sold Diesel, in stock, in storage, in process of being delivered, etc. That's a few days lower than typical in the past, but it's no big deal. Every new day, every sunrise, there is the same usual 20-21 days of diesel in stock.

The refineries are open and running normally, none are broken down, they're doing their thing.

How to create a shortage? Just start a rumor, or run news sensational stories, that there is a shortage. What happens? Everybody and their dog filled up all their cans, vehicles, etc, and makes a run on the available supply.

Liars figure, figures lie.

On a slightly different topic, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO REFINERIES between Florida and Delaware. That entire area gets their fuel by pipelines from refineries distant to them, and barges carry a lot, and some trucked there.

Ideally there would be some refineries in that big area, but there are none. Seems kinda silly, stupid, crazy, and dangerous to not have local are refineries, but they have their heads up their wazoos.

The media just loves stirring up *********.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another aquaintence is a GC and cannot get electrical panels and breakers and other components to build houses and businesses. He said they have been back ordered for at least a year and have already been waiting on several orders for over 8 months.
This makes me wonder about the backlog on electrical parts like transformers, from the little residential pole cans to the larger ones at the power plants. Any lineman here??

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That area (East Coast) has pretty much a continual rolling average, of about 20-21 days on refined ready to be sold Diesel, in stock, in storage, in process of being delivered, etc. That's a few days lower than typical in the past, but it's no big deal. Every new day, every sunrise, there is the same usual 20-21 days of diesel in stock.

The refineries are open and running normally, none are broken down, they're doing their thing.

How to create a shortage? Just start a rumor, or run news sensational stories, that there is a shortage. What happens? Everybody and their dog filled up all their cans, vehicles, etc, and makes a run on the available supply.

Liars figure, figures lie.

On a slightly different topic, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO REFINERIES between Florida and Delaware. That entire area gets their fuel by pipelines from refineries distant to them, and barges carry a lot, and some trucked there.

Ideally there would be some refineries in that big area, but there are none. Seems kinda silly, stupid, crazy, and dangerous to not have local are refineries, but they have their heads up their wazoos.

Yeppers. I also read somewhere that the Southeast is the area that is expecting the shortage. Your explanation certainly makes sense.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is exactly what I told my sister the other day when she asked me about it.

The media conveniently leaves out the fact that more diesel is being made every day. They frame it as if there won't be a drop left to buy. Pathetic...

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody trust the media?
No idea what to believe anymore.

My son is a driver. He received a notice from dispatch that most refuels would be at Petro. Petro had issued a statement that companies holding contracts were priority. Independent and non fuel contract companies would be limited to 100 gals to insure their fuel contracts were not limited. Looks more of an effort to squeeze the little guy, but we all get squeezed.

Shortage? Maybe, maybe not. One good ice storm or whatever knocks out grid, refineries no longer run and supplies get dicey real quick.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Media hype most likely, but there's no other fuel shortage which doesn't make sense in the fuel production process to be short on diesel but not on others. Regardless, $2 a gallon difference between diesel and gas is a game changer for most. Every single aspect of American life is affected by the use and cost of diesel. Every single aspect and need/want. Diesel makes, builds, produces, builds everything in America. There's no oil production without diesel, there's no diesel without oil production lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom