Any truckers or Farmers or other diesel fuel users, please read

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost all the "shortages" pumped up for media clicks, forum likes and political soundbites since 2019 have been nonsense and only caused supply bumps because of panic buying. Even the great toilet paper "shortage" was only because it's so cheap people ran out and hoarded when the supply chain was set up for normal buying patterns, there was no shortage.

Beef shortage, pork shortage, turkey shortage, chicken shortage, tomato shortage blah blah blah you can still buy all of them on sale if you bother to shop around/read the ads every week. Let's not forget the helium shortage but I can still buy bundles of helium balloons for 50 cents a balloon. Oh no!

This diesel nonsense is the same thing when you talk to people that actually know the industry and not evil media demons.

Freedom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Almost all the "shortages" pumped up for media clicks, forum likes and political soundbites since 2019 have been nonsense and only caused supply bumps because of panic buying. Even the great toilet paper "shortage" was only because it's so cheap people ran out and hoarded when the supply chain was set up for normal buying patterns, there was no shortage.

Beef shortage, pork shortage, turkey shortage, chicken shortage, tomato shortage blah blah blah you can still buy all of them on sale if you bother to shop around/read the ads every week. Let's not forget the helium shortage but I can still buy bundles of helium balloons for 50 cents a balloon. Oh no!

This diesel nonsense is the same thing when you talk to people that actually know the industry and not evil media demons.
There is a real shortage of common sense and personal responsibility.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This has been going on for months, it was DEF fluid and then diesel motor oil you weren't going to be able to get. That's been back in the summer and both are everywhere and readily available in my area at least. I stocked up on both and now won't need to buy any for a while. I don't doubt the prices to keep climbing on anything to do with any kind of vehicle though.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Media sensation and trouble-stirring crap.

That area (East Coast) has pretty much a continual rolling average, of about 20-21 days on refined ready to be sold Diesel, in stock, in storage, in process of being delivered, etc. That's a few days lower than typical in the past, but it's no big deal. Every new day, every sunrise, there is the same usual 20-21 days of diesel in stock.

The refineries are open and running normally, none are broken down, they're doing their thing.

How to create a shortage? Just start a rumor, or run news sensational stories, that there is a shortage. What happens? Everybody and their dog filled up all their cans, vehicles, etc, and makes a run on the available supply.

Liars figure, figures lie.

On a slightly different topic, to the best of my knowledge, there are NO REFINERIES between Florida and Delaware. That entire area gets their fuel by pipelines from refineries distant to them, and barges carry a lot, and some trucked there.

Ideally there would be some refineries in that big area, but there are none. Seems kinda silly, stupid, crazy, and dangerous to not have local are refineries, but they have their heads up their wazoos.

The media just loves stirring up *********.
I wonder how much diesel is being refined in the USA and shipped overseas.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My brother-in-law says diesel has doubled since Biden took office and according to his Co-op farming buddies is expected to triple maybe even quadruple that if you can get it.
According to my records, in Nov of 2020 I was paying between $1.65 and $1.80 per gallon of diesel.

It hasn't doubled. It has tripled, and still going up.

My business depends on diesel. My rates go up with the price. People cry about the cost, but it certainly takes a bit of intestinal fortitude to stand in front of the pump and pump in 100 gallons at $5+ per.

What used to cost me $170 now costs over $500.

Latest posts

Top Bottom