Anybody smokin' today???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I upgraded my controller to the Savannah Stoker. It's much better now and the temp swings you experience with the stock controller are basically nullified.

My favorite is Tri-tip. Slap some olive oil and then your favorite rub. I vac seal mine and marinate it overnight.

Pellets are 1/2 Hickory 1/4 cherry 1/4 maple mix.

225 until internal temp reads 130. Pull and rest for 10 minutes. Slice across grain and eat. I usually put in on salad with avocado cilantro dressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How big a tri tip do you use?

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a little grill that I use as a burn box.....I use it for indirect heat sometmes. I was working out back this afternoon, so I started buring off some apple wood....smoked up some turkey legs. Later, poked the fire up, grilled some yellow squash, some cherry tomatoes. All pretty tasty.

20170414_183240_1492212780513.jpeg

dhomoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to fire up my Yoder pellet grill for steaks tomorrow.

Low for smoke...

Then up to 500*F to cook them.

Nest week or so I'm going on the hunt for some beef ribs. Not those skin't up ones but some dino beef ribs!!

Most guys I know just use salt and pepper on beef ribs.

Mix up some Big Bad Beef Rub and LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!!
http://amazingribs.com/recipes/rubs_pastes_marinades_and_brines/big_bad_beef_rub.html

Next weekend: Beef ribs and some Beer...B&B with some baked beans..or B&B with BB.

three_little_pigs_bbq.com_wp_content_uploads_2017_01_Beef_Ribs_Single_.jpg

450.jpg
I have a Yoder Pellet Pooper as well. A YS-640. Love it.

ShurShot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I didn't monitor the temp but I had a pan full of ice under the cheese and used the "Wedgie" for the smoke. Loaded it about 2/3 full with oak/hickory/cherry pellets. It smoked for about three hours. That thing works great!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom