Anyone else expecting a really crappy Christmas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You never know whats going on in someone elses life....

Man, you got that right. And that's why it's never a good thing to be hurtful to people online.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are pretty tough for lots of people. You can't get away from it either. Lights, music, television, you name it.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Christmas Day started off with a drive in the country, complete with heavy snow, 20-30 mph winds--and the resulting blowing snow--all of which combined to limit visibilty to about 100 yards. Now I'm home, fed, and happy for the little things: after tramping thru a snowdrift in the driveway, my feet are now warm and dry, I'm out of the wind and the snow, and my Internet is up and running. Expecting little, I find myself not disappointed. Have a Merry Christmas!

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just keep it all in perspective. Too many times we get caught up in the expectation of what we or others think Christmas should be. Stop! Reassess! I can guarantee it isn't as bad as you think.

Merry Christmas, tr.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take you up on that JB. First Christmas without my husband. I' ve been on an emotional roller coaster all month. I made it my mission this year to help my BFF with all her plans because her hubby is such a sorry dirtbag and by next year she may not have a house to Christmas in. But now here I am at my keyboard with the only family I have. And I've met so few of you personally. But you all keep me sane and connected to the rest of humanity.

tRdoc...what family I had, sounds about like yours. It's why I haven't been east of the Mississippi river in 25 years.

Ah well..."God bless us every one." If shouldering my burden lessens the burden of one other, then I gladly donate myself.
Hang in there, maggie, the merry band of reprobates that populate this place are pulling for ya! Merry Christmas to you!

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm grateful for all that I have, but something just didn't seem right this Christmas. I can't put my finger on it, honestly. Very mellow all around. It's getting around time to get myself ready for work tomorrow. Time to get back into the 'non holiday season' groove and get back to normal.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky I've got a wife I love (been married 25 years this past October)! Got a grown son and two small rug rats , an 8 yer old boy and 4 yer old girl. Both had a great Christmas! Finanically it's been tough, but we managed always do! I wish all here a Merry Christmas and pray for each of you!

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it has been a good Christmas. I got to see a lot of family. Everyone got home safe and sound. Can't wait to back to work tomorrow. Really want to go hunt or trap. But will settle for work anything but traveling.

TCummings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2 years ago we were traveling up to NJ for what we had figured was going to be a funeral, we spent Christmas day driving, slept part of the day in a hotel, at a Shoney's. Last year we had a few friends over since we are literally in the middle between my family and my in-laws. This year we had nobody over, it made for a long lonely day, but I am still thankful that my family is healthy, and my 2 year old boy had a good Christmas and I have had a lot of time to play with him today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom