Anyone else find these people sketchy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 posts does not stop them from the classifieds. They may not be able to post an ad, but they can respond, bring up old ads and participate by comments in the ads.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
50 posts does not stop them from the classifieds. They may not be able to post an ad, but they can respond, bring up old ads and participate by comments in the ads.

Simply turn off commenting in classifieds. Don’t allow access to those without 50 legitimate posts elsewhere. Make classifieds PM communication only.
I’ve been around a couple other forums where you couldn’t even comment in the classifieds until you reached the qualifying post count. Surely if they can be locked out of posting a thread then they can be locked out of commenting.
Your idea would probably be ok but sometimes, rarely, but sometimes the conversation in a classified thread is helpful to the seller.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Simply turn off commenting in classifieds. Don’t allow access to those without 50 legitimate posts elsewhere. Make classifieds PM communication only.
Or at least allow deletion of comments in the classified like it used to be. Look at the 1 guy trying to sell the 43 as an example. I've been guilty of posting BS in the classifieds as well but the OP should have the option to delete. At least the comments do go away when you relist.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my free lights got a hit for someone wanting to get them and that is all he posted on and no feedback as to if he will meet up at the sw corner of the area .
I am NOT calling or texting anyone new.
Heck i can't text from a land line anyway.
1699192743000.png

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have actually thought I do not need a phone of anykind not even a land line.
I am very close to canceling it and tell all my friends send an e mail to my Yahoo account if you want to talk to me.

Or be old school and just show up at my house and knock on the door and ask if I can come out and play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom