Anyone else had it with AT&T and the iPhone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

longhorntitan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 2 and the wife has the Galaxy S3. I finally got tired of the iphone not be able to connect or dropping a call or sounding horrible during a call. We havent had a problem with AT&T other than them wanting to charge me an upgrade fee when I've already elected to stay with them (usually an email or phone calk and that goes away). I think apple used to be the big dog but since they really havent done anything impressive in the past few years they've become just another option so I decided to excercise mine and go another direction and haven't been disappointed.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have actually thought of switching to att. Neighbors have them w/no problems.

It is better than our current carrier US Cell, which drops calls daily in our area. Got another year on our contract.

tharper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had ATT since we moved to Utah in 2008, rarely ever have a problem. There are finnicky locations with all carriers. The grass isn't always greener. One carrier may work great at your house and be completely unusable at work. Just how it goes.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Samsung Note 2 and the wife has the Galaxy S3. I finally got tired of the iphone not be able to connect or dropping a call or sounding horrible during a call. We havent had a problem with AT&T other than them wanting to charge me an upgrade fee when I've already elected to stay with them (usually an email or phone calk and that goes away). I think apple used to be the big dog but since they really havent done anything impressive in the past few years they've become just another option so I decided to excercise mine and go another direction and haven't been disappointed.

This is exactly what we did, except the wife got the note 2 and I got the s3.

My wife 'upgraded' an iphone 5 a couple weeks ago - was not happy at all and the service on it was actually worse than the 4 she had. We went in to fix the problem and instead both left apple.

We are both very happy with the new phones. Its amazing how much Apple brainwashes you into thinking there phones are the best and then you realize that technology superior to the iphone 5 has been out 6 months before Apple bothered to release it.

I am done with Apple after seeing how much better these phones are.

So for us, it was an Apple problem, not an ATT one.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have had two iPhones on AT&T for years with no problems at all. Every time I upgrade phones they charge me the $36 upgrade fee on each line, but I call in after it shows up on my bill and they reverse it (and all the associated taxes; etc.) without hesitating.

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Besides hanging up on people in my house? They even gave me micro cell and then wanted $50 an hour for their tech help to activate it when it was their problem. I could go on for hours, but no. The only reason why I have stayed with them is I am grandfathered in with their unlimited plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom