Anyone ever just go waste money @ CTD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
About once a month I just go there and browse for an hour...

What the heck am I going to do with all these gas masks and thyroid pills if the nuclear holocaust and black helicopters never arrive?

And why do I need tracer rounds? I have no idea, but I have them.

Will I actually ever boil water in that new mess set with one of those little cool fire tablets?

Will I ever catch a fish with that hang on a tree self reeling fishing reel?

How about a ghille suit that looks like a house?

Hoov

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am reminded of this very thing when my wife decides to have a garage sale. In fact, I am going to clean out my man cave stuff and dejunk. Gallagher was right...

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do the exact same thing only usually with the sportsmans guide or on midway USA (damn you potterfield) midways clearance is the worst for me. On the bright side if I ever happen across or decide to build a few odd caliber ie .225 Winchester or a .357 maxim I've got the brass and dies already. Along with a few spare scopes that where just to good of a deal to pass up and who knows maybe I'll justify buying another rifle because ooh I've got bases and rings for one. I should resale some of it but probably never will. I always seem to buy and rarely sell. Which reminds me it's Tuesday better check the new stuff out on midways clearance.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seriously started attempting to stop this behavior in myself but I'm not always successful. I've got so much crap that I thought would be cool at one time and just never used it that I try and enforce a "waiting period" where I stop and think about it for 24-48hrs before buying.

Like I said, sometimes it's successful, sometimes it's not.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a thought:

Taking the same business model as 'micro-breweries', you guys should become 'micro-distributors'.

Catalog all your crap, hang price tags on it, and spam your neighbors with flyers selling your wares. You know, like your east-german fence/barb wire cutters and 101 day supply of dried beans.

Sure , you guys all bought that crap at way higher than distribution prices, but you can shave a few points of the cost of handling due to smallish inventory quantities.

Screw Midway and CTD. You guys can out hump the big boys based on service and a smile. :)

err, wait... that's a horrible idea. Just keep buying more crap. You might need to rig out the Wolverines someday.

candrpotts

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
here's a thought....... an OSA swap meet. You bring your crap. I'll bring mine. We all get some crap out of the garage and replace it with new crap!

Latest posts

Top Bottom