Anyone Have a Traeger Grill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyinokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We bought a Traeger about two years ago.....Love the dang thing....It'll cook nearly anything....gave my old stick burner smoker away....Ace Hardware carries the pellets locally......

C

Clay

One thing I have noticed and it is a pain, the temp inside the treager will never reach 400 or more to grill steaks if its located in a windy spot with temps at 60
* or lower. I have to pull it in the garage out of the wind in the winter (leaving the door open) to grill steaks. The cold temps dont seem to bother it but the wind will.
Once New Years day we had ribeyes and I had the grill in the garage with the overhead door open and it was 20* in there but the grill got to 420* without issue. If I there had been a 10 mph breeze on it, it would have struggled to get to 350* which is too cool to grill steak.
If its 105* in August and windy, its not an issue.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one too and I love the thing. I kept my propane just so I can grill steaks on. I smoked a pork shoulder and a rack of ribs last weekend and they were amazing.

i1184.photobucket.com_albums_z335_bernardderek_32b9d405.jpg

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get them in the Tulsa area? I just finished school and i've been wanting to buy a graduation present for myself! I'd like to see how big the Junior model is in person. The others are a little too high for me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom