Anyone Have a Traeger Grill?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been considering getting one. Was this smoking deal on a new one or used one? Care to pass it along at all?

How do the wood pellets work? Do you just load it up or do you only use a few of them each time you cook on it?

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a new one. They were having a show up in Colorado (sorta like a sidewalk sale). Buddy of mine's son was there and called him to see if he wanted one. Since they were both buying he'd ship it for free to OK. Jumped in on the deal and got mine shipped free too. They came with a free cover, a bag of pellets of our choice (each) and a deal of chicken sauce or something. So all the free stuff, $200 off retail, and delivered to my porch.

C

Clay

How do the wood pellets work? Do you just load it up or do you only use a few of them each time you cook on it?
Yes, a 40# bag last many grill sessions. Cooking on high to do burgers or steaks uses more pellets but you only run it a short time. Smoking uses less pellets but you run it for hours at a time so it works out. I smoked a turkey last Thanksgiving for 11 hours and used less than 40# of pellets.

C

Clay

Maintenance items on these are simple too. I have replaced my ignitor 2 times now but I was told they started using a higher quality ignitor that should last longer. The old ones were a cheap china made product.

Latest posts

Top Bottom