Anyone having trouble with getting their renewal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I believe that a standard hunter education course also counts for the training requirement. Still have to jump through a couple hoops but can send in an app via mail if I remember right.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Arizona Law:

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

http://www.azdps.gov/Links/ARS/?l=13/03112.htm

If you have a copy of the OK Carry Class Certificate, just send that with your application to Arizona. (You did make copies before sending the original to OSBI, didn't you?)

red -evo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay... I was pretty confident that everything was working on wheels with my renovation. I mailed my papers on Feb. 8, 2013. Then on May 6,2013. (after 87 days)
I sent an e-mail to check on my status and yesterday May 7th (88 days) they e-mailed back to me and they still waiting on the sheriff Office to send them back
the background response.
Any suggestions? My grace period expired on 4/29. Thanks in advance. I live in Tahlequah

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told the same about a week ago. I sent my stuff in Jan 8, 2013. They said that they had sent stuff to Tulsa County three times, the most recent being April 15. I called our office and they said they had returned everything. I think OSBI just blames the local counties to pass the buck. I received my new license two days later.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay... I was pretty confident that everything was working on wheels with my renovation. I mailed my papers on Feb. 8, 2013. Then on May 6,2013. (after 87 days)
I sent an e-mail to check on my status and yesterday May 7th (88 days) they e-mailed back to me and they still waiting on the sheriff Office to send them back
the background response.
Any suggestions? My grace period expired on 4/29. Thanks in advance. I live in Tahlequah

First of all call their bluff. Go down to the sheriff's office and ask if they received anything. Tell them that the OSBI is passing the buck on to them that they received paperwork for a background check and are supposed to send it back.

The sheriff's office will likely laugh because the only thing they do is fingerprinting on new applicants. This is the reason why you go to the sheriff's office only on your initial app for fingerprinting and the OSBI can receive the paperwork directly on renewals.

After that contact the OSBI back and inform them that you called their bluff and contacted the sheriff's office and they don't have anything. Let them know your license is expiring and that you need advisement on what to do. I know someone else said they were told to continue to carry and were given some information to carry along with the expired license until they receive their replacement.

red -evo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did contact my local Sheriff Office and there is no background papers there in my name and that they are up to date
in all the backgrounds.
Called OSBI and left a message on the machine and also e-mailed then again. What else I can do? today is the day num.
92 since I started with the renewal process.......

B1rd

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did contact my local Sheriff Office and there is no background papers there in my name and that they are up to date
in all the backgrounds.
Called OSBI and left a message on the machine and also e-mailed then again. What else I can do? today is the day num.

Not sure this is supposed to be a public number so you did not get it from me. :-)

405-879-2580 Laurie

TheAvenger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
in all the backgrounds.

Clearly, Everyone should file for renewal precisely at the legally allowed 90 days before their license expiration date. This allows 90 + 30 or 120 days processing time to receive your renewed license. It's been 61 days for mine so far. Being "older" and patient, I'll not be contacting OSBI about it until the 11th hour.

Latest posts

Top Bottom