CC permit Expired Renewal question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
You keep stretching, don't you?

I don't "identify" with the CCW permit. In fact, other than when mine gets renewed, or when I check it to see when the next renewal date is, it never gets looked at.

As for ID purposes, I don't smoke, drink alcohol, or purchase anything other than a firearm, so my driver's license is seldom ever looked at either.
Here is the thing...I see the constitution and what it says, went there to the American history museum and I read it to my son, because them things are important.

Even teaching him cursive by writing it, told him this right here is why they don't teach you how to read or write it.

I dont like asking for permission to exercise my rights, less so when I gave 7 years of my life to uphold those.

You guys get a CCW...fine, I just don't understand why when this is a forum based on the whole premise of gun ownership.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So you are OK with people getting terrorized, even if it is one for the greater good?

That is how you justify the examples I gave you is because they are always taking out the trash?

Unacceptable to me, but I am glad I know your position and others that will like your post. It shows me who I need to not speak of my position with.

Edit...sorry you asked a question and I didn't answer.

I would venture to guess millions of interactions, maybe 10s of millions they as a whole have in just USA.
That's right, Millions if not Tens-of-Millions of LEO interaction a year within the United States and the percentages of LEO based shootings are probably somewhere in the .000001 percent range, with fatal LEO shootings even lower. So cry to me some more about the big, bad jack-booted thugs that are trampling on your 'rights' and shoving guns in your face for absolutely no other reason except to terrorize little 'ole you 🙄

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do believe that my CCW permit has helped relieve me of at least 2 traffic tickets. Meaning I got a warning from the officer instead of a ticket. So in that way, it has actually paid for itself.
I haven’t been stopped in years, but I’m positive that my CHL has gotten me warnings when I deserved a ticket.

Texas CHL law went into effect in fall of 1995, and the earliest class I could get in was January 1996. Most people I know have let there’s lapse at least once, but I’ve kept mine current the entire time and will continue to renew it until I can’t.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Most people I know have let there’s lapse at least once, but I’ve kept mine current the entire time and will continue to renew it until I can’t.

Never have let mine lapse, just went and looked and mine expires March 2026......I carry my S&W 442 every time I leave home and I'll also continue to renew.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's right, Millions if not Tens-of-Millions of LEO interaction a year within the United States and the percentages of LEO based shootings are probably somewhere in the .000001 percent range, with fatal LEO shootings even lower. So cry to me some more about the big, bad jack-booted thugs that are trampling on your 'rights' and shoving guns in your face for absolutely no other reason except to terrorize little 'ole you 🙄
Not me, it is you too....everyone here for that matter.

Their (cops) allegiance is to the one signing the check they use to pay their mortgage, buy their groceries, and pay for the daycare.

As for your justification of (but only this many) you are OK with people getting killed or infants being disfigured because....well these things happen.

They don't have to happen is what I am saying, what if it was your grandbaby that cought a flashbang in their crib and the state said....well tough luck citizen.

Or your own blood was pulled from a car at gunpoint and family terrorized? Because that cop didn't expend the effort to check the state, all they saw was an arrest?

Or it was your son that was shot dead in a hallway by a cop that has (you're F'ed) on the dust cover? And after that got paid leave?

Before you ask, no...didn't have any of that, did get some racism due to being native myself, cops that spit on your feet and call you a slur, cuff you and leave you in a hit car for hours.

Kick in your door and break all your stuff then just leave, or held at gunpoint because a car matching yours had a BOLO that never existed.

Doesn't happen to you, so that doesn't matter right?

Thing is that we as citizens can demand better, it takes less time to be a cop and carry a gun than it does to be certified to cut hair. To be a teacher.

Cops are scared..I get that, I would be too. Doesn't mean you get to project that fear as terrorism.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not me, it is you too....everyone here for that matter.

Their (cops) allegiance is to the one signing the check they use to pay their mortgage, buy their groceries, and pay for the daycare.

As for your justification of (but only this many) you are OK with people getting killed or infants being disfigured because....well these things happen.

They don't have to happen is what I am saying, what if it was your grandbaby that cought a flashbang in their crib and the state said....well tough luck citizen.

Or your own blood was pulled from a car at gunpoint and family terrorized? Because that cop didn't expend the effort to check the state, all they saw was an arrest?

Or it was your son that was shot dead in a hallway by a cop that has (you're F'ed) on the dust cover? And after that got paid leave?

Before you ask, no...didn't have any of that, did get some racism due to being native myself, cops that spit on your feet and call you a slur, cuff you and leave you in a hit car for hours.

Kick in your door and break all your stuff then just leave, or held at gunpoint because a car matching yours had a BOLO that never existed.

Doesn't happen to you, so that doesn't matter right?

Thing is that we as citizens can demand better, it takes less time to be a cop and carry a gun than it does to be certified to cut hair. To be a teacher.

Cops are scared..I get that, I would be too. Doesn't mean you get to project that fear as terrorism.
What I am hearing from you here and throughout your postings is that you and your family have been terrorized and assaulted by law enforcement for no other reason than for being a Native American/Indigeous/Indian/First People (whatever floats your boat in designations).

What I am also hearing is that you are using your ethnicity in the way Blacks use theirs - i.e. lets play the 'racist card' to show how down-beaten and picked-on we are ONLY because of the color of our skin.

I've worked armed security in Las Vegas for almost 5 years (where Metro PD considers armed security to be like half-brothers in arms) and I've had several of my relatives retire out of law enforcement after full careers (Los Angeles & Arizona). My experience, and that of my relatives has been that most LEO's are fairly blind when it comes to their interactions with people. What they DO see and [negatively] respond to, however, is a bad attitude!

Oh, and BTW, there is a fairly high percentage of the population in both Nevada and Arizona that are of Native American heritage, and they are treated pretty much the same any everyone else.

Adhdferret

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I am hearing from you here and throughout your postings is that you and your family have been terrorized and assaulted by law enforcement for no other reason than for being a Native American/Indigeous/Indian/First People (whatever floats your boat in designations).

What I am also hearing is that you are using your ethnicity in the way Blacks use theirs - i.e. lets play the 'racist card' to show how down-beaten and picked-on we are ONLY because of the color of our skin.

I've worked armed security in Las Vegas for almost 5 years (where Metro PD considers armed security to be like half-brothers in arms) and I've had several of my relatives retire out of law enforcement after full careers (Los Angeles & Arizona). My experience, and that of my relatives has been that most LEO's are fairly blind when it comes to their interactions with people. What they DO see and [negatively] respond to, however, is a bad attitude!

Oh, and BTW, there is a fairly high percentage of the population in both Nevada and Arizona that are of Native American heritage, and they are treated pretty much the same any everyone else.
Wasn't because of my heritage!

Who in the cinnamon toast F are you to bring any of that, then draw a line to connect natives with anyone?

It was because we were POOR!!!!!!

WE COULDN'T FIGJT BACK AND THEY KNEW IT!

Just like........you know what? It doesn't matter I see how this works, I see it and I really really hope others do too.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wasn't because of my heritage!

Who in the cinnamon toast F are you to bring any of that, then draw a line to connect natives with anyone?

It was because we were POOR!!!!!!

WE COULDN'T FIGJT BACK AND THEY KNEW IT!

Just like........you know what? It doesn't matter I see how this works, I see it and I really really hope others do too.
You need to learn how to cuss better....just sayin.

Latest posts

Top Bottom