Anyone interested in buying raw milk?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We picked up our first couple cows the other day, a mom and a baby. We plan on getting a few more and gradually building up our heard given the high price of cows.

We plan on getting a milk cow like a jersey, Holstein, or brown Swiss. One milk cow would be more than enough for our little family. We would like to get more than one but I'm trying to figure out if we could sell what we don't use. I would hate to put all that time and effort to see it go to waste and definately don't want to sell to a big company.

Raw milk is suppose to be really good for you but is an acquired taste. Apparently the big companies have put a bunch of the small dairy farmers out of business and the ones working for big agri don't hardly make enough to cover cost. For us it is more about putting something healthy out there while we get to do what we love.

We also have gotten some of the rarer birds like jersey giant chickens, Indian runner ducks, black Cayuga ducks, and a few others. I let you guys know when the babies start hatching if anyone is interested.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was raised on raw milk. Dads sister married into a dairy farm family. We went out there every Thursday night to get milk and eggs. I learned to drive on my dads lap on the way out there. He worked the pedals and I did the steering wheel.

Sister and I would skim off the cream, add some salt, and shake the cream into butter in the evenings. Makes great ice cream.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
sure wish you was closer or I'd be all over this .. really fortunate to have a steady source for free range eggs. I'll typically buy 12 doz about once a month. buying larger quantities makes handling worth while for seller, whom I'm convinced is losing $$$ selling eggs by the time all the labor is factored in.

BuckFuller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you weren't a two hour drive away, I certainly would love some raw milk. I also made butter as a kid and would love to do it again. I also like to make fresh Mozzarella and Ricotta cheese and raw milk works much better than processed milk.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be willing to buy some occasionally, not in large volume or anything. Just for cheeses for special dinners and such.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Seems that people are interested judging from others I have asked and on here. If we get set up and I had a few people near Tulsa to buy I would make the drive, as long as it cover cost and gas.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might want to check into regulations on the raw milk. We had family members out by El Reno that had a dairy, and they could not sell or give raw milk to people. They had to sell to a milk company. I don't know it their issue was related to Canadian County or the state as a whole.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are regulations on raw milk, and I'm pretty sure they're found at both the state and federal level.

If you're in the Tulsa area and want raw milk, check out the Swan Brothers Dairy in Claremore--that's where my brother gets his raw milk. Take Exit 255 off of the Will Rogers Turnpike, make a left, then make a right on the first street. I don't know about the milk, but their cheese curds are really good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom