Anyone using Kuiu hunting gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davs2601

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered the guide DCS jacket and a merino blend jacket. I have heard nothing but wonderful things about the company and founder so I figured they were worth a shot. They gave me 10% off for a military discount then they have a current 15% off promotion. It took off the 10% for being military then deducted 15% off that total.....my shipping was also $1!

I'm hoping my new gear is as good as I have read. I ordered the guide jacket in the grey (phantom) for a daily jacket and the merino blend for an under jacket when its really cold and for deer season.

I didn't realize Kuiu was created by one of the original guys that started Sitka.....From what I read, the company was sold out from under him and was quite pissed about it. He said he has a new business model and refuses to have any retailers sell Kuiu gear. Its direct from them only

Ill post up some reviews of the gear when I receive it. Im hoping the guide gear jacket is great...I then plan to order a camo one for deer season

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very interested in your reviews once you get to know the gear. At the price points shown, the gear should perform flawlessly. I don't mind investing in good equipment, but expensive doesn't always translate to high quality. Keep us in the loop!

handlebar

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've got the zip-T for a base layer. Seems pretty good. I also have the neck gaitor, it's too thin for a face mask. It's like a cutoff sleeve off a thin tee shirt. I like the cammo pattern and will probably get more every year.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was very true to size. I am a medium. I can't fit anything really heavy under the guide jacket, nothing more than under armour and maybe a light fleece. But it breaks the wind good, sheds water nicely, and keeps me warm enough.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a closet full of Mountain Hardwear, Marmot, Sitka, and Under Armour. I can't convince myself to buy Kuiu right now, but when I finally need some gear, that's what it'll be.

Latest posts

Top Bottom