Anyone using Kuiu hunting gear?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ive got several pieces of kuiu. ive had the guide dcs jacket for some time and its well thought out and very durable. i recentlly just bought the 2013 icon 7200 pack.will post a review soon. going to order the 1850 since you can pit it on the same frame. quality stuff for sure and the founder is an avid mountain hunter. which helps in designs. im about to order their rain gear as well hopefully before my upcoming fall hunts.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a review of some of my Kuiu gear. I wore the gude series pants a few days on my recent elk trip temps where in the teens had snow and rain mix one day. Got almost 12" snow at elevation of 11400 ft. Also wore the Guide jacket and vest and stayed dry and comfortable during the precip. Never wore my rain gear. When I'd stop to glass if I got cold I'd add my spindrift jacket as well. The gaiters kept my pants dry on several steam crossings as well as around the edges of some beaver ponds. Really like the Velcro closure over the zippers of my sitka gaiters. The merino bottoms and 145 top insulated well and didn't get that elk camp funky smell all other base layers I've tried do. The pack preformed fantastic. Carried all my supplies neatly organized all week. Helped some guys pack a cow off the mountain. I had close to 100 lbs of meat in the pack it stayed where I wanted it on the six mile hike back to the truck. I was sore but no more than I would have been using any pack. The load lifters kept the weight off my shoulders and on my hips and distributed so it was comfortable to carry. I've since ordered the 1850 icon bag and will use it like a day pack on predator hunts here in ok. Having 2100ci load shelf between the bag and frame I may just use it next year on my elk hunt. Top quality gear. No complaints about any of the gear I have at all. Very satisfied with the fit function and quality of Kuiu !!

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a heads up Kuiu is having a pre Black Friday sale. 25% off everything in stock 11/21-11/23 they don't do many sales so this is your opportunity.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to necropost but Kuiu will be having a pre Black Friday sale Nov. 19-22. 30% off everything (in stock) and free shipping on orders of 300 bucks or more.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too bad they don't have any tall sizes! I have asked and they don't make them. Leaves me out!

I'm a tall guy 6'1 with a 38" inseam and I have no complaints about length with any of their clothing. However their packs won't fit my torso properly. Even the new tall frame won't work with 85-100 lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom