AOW vs SBS cost?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Woah, a shutout to Mad Professor, adamsredlines, CAR-AR-M16.

Thanks for setting me straight. 'd hate to see someone get in trouble.

Curious if this is how they get around it:

"This is a NON-NFA, Completely Compliant and Legal 'Firearm' (technically not a shotgun). Transfers as "Other" on 4473. Seller is licensed Manufacturer and weapon includes makers marks.
(This grip configuration is the only legal option for this length barrel at this time) NO NY or CA sales."

EDIT thinks adam ill read that thread.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://shockwavetechnologies.com/site/?page_id=88

marty1.JPG
marty2.JPG

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
While on the subject...in the other thread a member guessed that they dont consider the Judge a SBS because its rifled...however the OK law specifies no such thing of smooth bore vs rifled (at least not in the section pasted above).
So TECHNICALLY if you got pulled over with a Judge loaded with .410...could they get you for a short barrel shotgun?
Seems unlikely but possible.

You are correct on the wording on the statute. It needs to be fixed.

One significant case where they didn't prosecute as such would be Jerome Ersland's. I believe he used a Judge with 410 shotgun shells. And they are known to stack charges!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick search of the Jerome Ersland case seems like he got a raw deal. I obviously dont know all the details of the case from the quick search...but looks like a bad situation.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick search of the Jerome Ersland case seems like he got a raw deal. I obviously dont know all the details of the case from the quick search...but looks like a bad situation.

Classic example of "shut the hell up" and quit trying to sell your story. He seems to be a few cards shy of a full deck. Some of his statements could likely have been defended as his perception. Maybe the shooting triggered something in his mind, but some of the statements were really out of reality. Add the fabrication of evidence after the fact along with the smuggling drugs into prison, it is hard to say what his intent was at the time of the robbery.

Several lives were ruined and most of the the other people involved should have been incarcerated instead of being free to attempt this robbery.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You are correct on the wording on the statute. It needs to be fixed.

One significant case where they didn't prosecute as such would be Jerome Ersland's. I believe he used a Judge with 410 shotgun shells. And they are known to stack charges!

Agreed. Today I can go into academy and buy a Taurus Judge and .410 handgun ammo and walk out of the store a felon (technically).

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Today I can go into academy and buy a Taurus Judge and .410 handgun ammo and walk out of the store a felon (technically).

Scary part is the statute says "firearm capable of". You don't even have to buy the ammo.

I think the Intent was "firearm designed to" but that is not the way it reads. I'd guess that is how it is enforced.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a fella who has a SBS (14" 590A1), it was the worst gun purchase I've made. My SBS has no practicality other than being a novelty, it's not even my goto HD gun. If you get into the NFA game, go SBR or Suppressor route, then if you have $$$ burning a hole in your pocket by a SBS for poops n giggles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom