AR-15 Brands Ranked

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I did misconstrue your comment Seadog, I'm sorry.

As for Titanium as a carrier material, I think you are thinking of a different material Cseverns. Titanium is very light and it weights just a touch more than an aluminum carrier. No top tier manufacturer would use one unless it was an all out competition firearm. The problem with Titanium as a carrier material is they tend to flame cut at the back of the bolt and wear where the bolt tail goes through the back of the carrier. Suddenly your rifle will stop functioning usually around 1500-2500 rounds. Titanium is NOT a good carrier material.

We are good. Lots of things get lost in posts all the time. Same thing with phone texts. Makes one scratch their head 👍

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
69C817E5-AF3E-41F6-9B84-94812A39706E.jpeg

Nickel Lantac Enhanced BCG that I bought for a PDW before realizing my PDW stock had to use the proprietary BCG (Troy PDW). Nether made it on my build and are hanging out in my house so I have no first hand knowledge about wear and tear on it. I will slide it into something eventually or sell it.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That Lantac carrier is made out of 8620 which is steel, not titanium and should wear just like a good quality steel carrier. Looks pretty!

Latest posts

Top Bottom