AR Mags for deer hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes there's more than deer in the areas we hunt. It's nothing for me to see Hogs and several coyotes or other things perfectly legal to shoot while deer hunting.

The major thing here is that if it's good for the goose (the centerfire rifle in any other caliber) then it should be good for the gander (the dreaded .22 cal centerfire firearm).

I agree completely.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not studied the process of making Administrative Rules much, so I reserve the right to be wrong and welcome correction or will correct myself when I get some more time, but I understand that the Wildlife Conservation Commission can propose and enact rules as long as the process follows the procedures laid out in the Administrative Procedures Act.

The powers to make rules are delegated by the Legislature to the Wildlife Conservation Commission in 29 O.S. § 3-103, § 3-312, and § 5-401.

The rule in question is O.A.C. 800:25-7-54. Since it is an Administrative Rule or Executive Order and therefore from the Executive Branch, it is found on the Secretary of State's website rather than OSCN.

So in short, I'm not sure how to approach it at this time other than calling your legislators and the Governor-appointed members of the Wildlife Conservation Commission that represent your district (29 O.S. § 3-102).

I figured as much.
I guess all we can do is keep beating on their heads and see if they can change their minds.:smash:

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured as much.
I guess all we can do is keep beating on their heads and see if they can change their minds.:smash:

Yeah, the way I'm understanding it, we need to beat both sets of heads. We need to beat the heads of the Wildlife Conservation Commission to change the rule first. Then we also need to beat the heads of the Legislature to exercise their right under 75 O.S. § 250.2(B)(2):

"...the Legislature reserves to itself...The right to establish any aspect of general policy by legislation, notwithstanding any delegation of rulemaking authority."

or see how far we can stretch 75 O.S. § 250.2(B)(6):

"...the Legislature reserves to itself...The right to disapprove a permanent or emergency rule at any time...if the Legislature determines that a rule is not consistent with legislative intent."​

Latest posts

Top Bottom