AR Mags for deer hunting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected, but the wildlife department does not pass rules or regulations. That is up to the legislature to do that.
The last couple of years, the wildlife dept has been suprised by the legislature in passing a law to make it legal for everybody to use crossbows, etc.
The wildlife department can only recomend, not pass laws.

And they need to lead the fight to make it a law. They will have more pull than anyone as the legislature almost always contacts the wildlife board for recommendations.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And they need to lead the fight to make it a law. They will have more pull than anyone as the legislature almost always contacts the wildlife board for recommendations.

Your correct, but some of those dummies in the legislature still look at the AR as an Ugly Black Assault weapon. They don't understand that some of us have other auto loading rifles made in different countries.

Ak does have wood on it, and some "wood" is all they are after......Sorry:hithead:

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that I have two 5 round AR mags that I bought along time ago. Pretty sure they are Bushmaster.

I didn't care for them. Used them once..didn't like how the mag didn't extend out of the magwell and they liked to scratch my casings.

If someone wants to give em a try, I'll let em go for $10 each. Just send me a PM and I'll see if I can round them up...

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your correct, but some of those dummies in the legislature still look at the AR as an Ugly Black Assault weapon. They don't understand that some of us have other auto loading rifles made in different countries.

Ak does have wood on it, and some "wood" is all they are after......Sorry:hithead:

But you can have an AR10, or even an AR15 in 6.5 and use 30 round mags. I don't think it's the color of the rifle they are looking at. :hypnotize:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But you can have an AR10, or even an AR15 in 6.5 and use 30 round mags. I don't think it's the color of the rifle they are looking at. :hypnotize:

I know..... its not right, and I guess most of us just accept it and thats not right either.
We have all of these NRA A+ legislaters, so maybe somebody needs to set up a PAC or something(I'm not sure how all of that happens) and lobby them to fix it. Perhaps Veggi Meat could direct us?
In my opinion, Its your right to carry whatever one wants, but in reality its rare that one gets more than one ethical shot on a deer.
A running shot if iffy for 99.9 percent of hunters.
If one is practiced at it and proficient, its a good ethical shot.
For one, I don't do it, but do not bad mouth anybody that does.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stand to be corrected, but the wildlife department does not pass rules or regulations. That is up to the legislature to do that.
The last couple of years, the wildlife dept has been suprised by the legislature in passing a law to make it legal for everybody to use crossbows, etc.
The wildlife department can only recomend, not pass laws.

I've not studied the process of making Administrative Rules much, so I reserve the right to be wrong and welcome correction or will correct myself when I get some more time, but I understand that the Wildlife Conservation Commission can propose and enact rules as long as the process follows the procedures laid out in the Administrative Procedures Act.

The powers to make rules are delegated by the Legislature to the Wildlife Conservation Commission in 29 O.S. § 3-103, § 3-312, and § 5-401.

The rule in question is O.A.C. 800:25-7-54. Since it is an Administrative Rule or Executive Order and therefore from the Executive Branch, it is found on the Secretary of State's website rather than OSCN.

So in short, I'm not sure how to approach it at this time other than calling your legislators and the Governor-appointed members of the Wildlife Conservation Commission that represent your district (29 O.S. § 3-102).

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know..... its not right, and I guess most of us just accept it and thats not right either.
We have all of these NRA A+ legislaters, so maybe somebody needs to set up a PAC or something(I'm not sure how all of that happens) and lobby them to fix it. Perhaps Veggi Meat could direct us?
In my opinion, Its your right to carry whatever one wants, but in reality its rare that one gets more than one ethical shot on a deer.
A running shot if iffy for 99.9 percent of hunters.
If one is practiced at it and proficient, its a good ethical shot.
For one, I don't do it, but do not bad mouth anybody that does.

Sometimes there's more than deer in the areas we hunt. It's nothing for me to see Hogs and several coyotes or other things perfectly legal to shoot while deer hunting.

The major thing here is that if it's good for the goose (the centerfire rifle in any other caliber) then it should be good for the gander (the dreaded .22 cal centerfire firearm).

Latest posts

Top Bottom