Are ccw exempt from 4473?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Noticed the atf has updated this list and Oklahoma is on it finally.
16BC92E6-1771-4F03-BED0-A15233D852B0.png

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im wondering what changed Nov 1 2021 on qualifying for the CCW that wasnt applied earlier and why only for the initiate 5 years and not beyond.

https://www.persaudlawoffice.com/post/new-oklahoma-laws-2021
Laws that went into effect at that time. Prob just the date closest to when they started the process. They went with 5 years as the ATF would not approve 10. They want a somewhat recent background check and a lot can happen in 10 years. I have to have one yearly to maintain CJIS compliance at work. Actually 2x a year, once by the City and once by PD.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve heard talk that some dealers want to still do background check to cover themselves and so that the ATF don’t come back on them. I guess it is really up to each individual dealer but I can see some not going to those dealers due to the cal abs wait but others will still do the traditional as the benefit of filling out and walking out with the gun isn’t enough for them to justify getting a ccw. Either way I don’t care but I’m also waiting to see what changed in order for the ATF to change their stance-I can’t help but wonder if it is new reporting by the state to the FBI on records, something similar?

Latest posts

Top Bottom