Are low oil prices helping or hurting you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How do you guys think the ETE purchase of Williams will affect Tulsa and Oklahoma City employees?

Based on the language in the merger announcement, there will be a meaningful presence in Tulsa. What that means is anyone's guess.

If I had to speculate, I would say most if not all shared services are gone. Accounting, legal, IT, those types of functions. I would think, the operations type functions would have a better chance of survival.

It is impossible to know how this will eventually play out. If there is duplications in roles, the "satellite" offices will probably lose.

What are you guys thinking? How has the Williams / Access merger played out?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Based on the language in the merger announcement, there will be a meaningful presence in Tulsa. What that means is anyone's guess.

If I had to speculate, I would say most if not all shared services are gone. Accounting, legal, IT, those types of functions. I would think, the operations type functions would have a better chance of survival.

It is impossible to know how this will eventually play out. If there is duplications in roles, the "satellite" offices will probably lose.

What are you guys thinking? How has the Williams / Access merger played out?

Just fine for most. Access was a very efficient and profitable company so outside of shared services things didn't change much. That was a different time though. Well before the market changes.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is an interesting site. It seems to be accurate and timely.

https://www.thelayoff.com/chesapeake-energy

Brutal site in every sense of the word and on multiple O&G companies: gossip, back-biting, guessing games on when/who, etc. I grew up around the industry, dad worked for Texaco but it was a different world then (50s, 60s, 70s). This market and price structure just doesn't sustain the empire-building of better days. This seems even more difficult than the 80s contractions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom