Are motorcycles totally exempt from noise ordinances in OK?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Loud pipes save lives?? BullS$#%. Pipes are loudest at the exhaust end, much like a firearm muzzle. By the time you hear the moron's "cool" pipes he's already past you or t-boned you. It's actually hazardous because it makes me want to chase them down and choke them. This "safety measure" coming from the same folks who wear no helmets and have the tiniest taillights they can find.

And yes, I ride. Everyday. In all weather. Not just 2 miles to the yippie biker bar

A rider with some sense.....

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wish people with them LOUD exhaust and stereos had them shoved where the sun dont shine and have some respect for the people around them, not everyone wants to listen to that NOISE.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. I ran a race core pipe on my 954 and I've got some sweet sounding mufflers on the street glide. Haven't decided what I'm going to do with the KLR. I detest the assholes that make noise just to make noise. I've no issues with extra volume as long as you don't abuse the privelidge of being stupid.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't apply to motorcycles.

http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=438397

Even then, I think that law rivals Oklahoma tint law for least enforcement.
Crap. Wish I'd known that in the 70's when I kept getting ticketed for "improperly modified exhaust".

For cars in my experience it was just something to pull me over for to give me grief (more or less deservedly - long story). Also have had it used as a "bonus" offense akin to not wearing a seatbelt - something to be cited for after being pulled over and can't find anything else.

Last edited:

whiskeysnoot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom