Are rifles redundant/Pointless?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm mainly a rifle guy, but I live in the country and carry my .32-20 lever pretty much daily. If I could have only one rifle it would be a Remington 700 .308 with factory iron sights and a good quality scope. I use revolvers, mostly single action, because that's what I grew up with and feel confident with. 870 Remington is my favorite shotgun.

Cedar Creek

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just bought a M1 Garand last week and shot it yesterday for the first time,not being a huge fan of ar's and also being I'm kinda a history nerd. Like someone else said just because and who is gonna mess with you when you have 8 rounds of .30-06. It's also a conversation piece. I went and shot at red castle yesterday and had every one wanting to look at it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Mavmatt brings up a good point. The M1 carbine holds 20-30 rounds of deer legal ammo. Might be a good choice for SHTF scenario. Can be a little pricey but hey, you get HD,deer gun and history all in one weapon.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rifle Bullets going over 2400 fps or so are magic compared
To any other slower bullet. Ask a trauma surgeon.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rifle Bullets going over 2400 fps or so are magic compared
To any other slower bullet. Ask a trauma surgeon.

I'm not a trauma surgeon, but after more than 200 deer autopsies, I have a pretty good feel on what bullets do to internal organs in the real world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom