AT&T Sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I made the switch from Verizon to AT&T at the end of October. Since then, I've gone from Tulsa to Nebraska, Texas, Wisconsin, Tennessee and down to SE OK and NW OK. I NEVER had issues with reception with Verizon at these places but now I have dead spots everywhere I go. It amazes me how they always try to say its all basically the same, but clearly its not.
Reception is so terrible in Talihina and Nebraska...my phone (which is the exact same phone I used on Verizon) gives me errors that the clock cant update. WTF? And ROAMING errors all over the place...I didnt even know that was a thing any more.
I will say this...I went from my own plan to a family plan so the bill is about 1/3 what it was with Verizon (for me personally)...so that helps ease the frustration...but for anybody paying normal price for this crap service, I feel for ya!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We left AT&T for Verizon back about 6 or 7 years ago. We had too many dropped calls, voice messages that didn't come in for days, and poor coverage in many places. Other than in the Panhandle of Oklahoma and other areas that are clearly out of range of towers, we've had good service with Verizon.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We also ditched AT&T and went with Verizon several years ago. Our experience with AT&T was also bad. We have no problems with Verizon, I’m glad we made the switch. I’m sorry that your service sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That' strange, I've been with AT&T forever. My son played on one of those traveling baseball teams and I've been all over the country watching ballgames, never had a problem. Knock on wood.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We switched to AT&T over ten years ago. Until the LTE DATA Service was initiated, we had (4) Bars of Cellular at our home at all times. After LTE we get (1) Bar with Numerous Dropped Calls and Periods of No Cellular Service. LTE drifts to 4G. I pay the same fees as those in the city areas for a very poor quality of service. Outside the OU Medical Facility in Tulsa yesterday, my iPhone 6s Plus was so dern fast, it was frightening. AT&T is licensed to do business in Oklahoma and should provide a uniform standard of service for a standard fee. I suspect that they use the higher fees we pay rurally inequitably to improve services in areas they arbitrarily select.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... yes they do. I switched from them to Verizon a while back when I had to drive all over the state for work. Now that I no longer have to drive to rural areas, have been on Tmobile.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats scary if its worse than ATT. I've been on Verizon for the last decade. I guess for the price it better be good service. Thats what I gotta keep telling myself...I'm saving $70/month on my bill so will deal with it as I travel.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys don't have time for me to tell you all the ways I absolutely LOATHE AT&T. Old man has a plan with them. Gah! It's his phone, he can do what he wants but I moved from them YEARS ago. I'm happy with my $30 phone and $30 plan from MetroPCS.

I also know what a problem a friend had trying to shut off her husband's phone after he died suddenly. She was not on his phone account and they refused to talk to her. If the old man goes before me, I'm gonna throw his phone in the lake and let them just disconnect it for non-payment. I ain't fooling with those assholes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom