AT&T Sucks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have worked for all of them. Verizon is THE worst by far of any carrier when you have an issue. It took literally 10 months to correct a billing issue with them. All the rest have individual issues that relate to just your usage. I have been in the industry as long as it has existed. It's your phone or your area... Period. Just look at all the comments. There's always one better than the next. They all exist on the same towers, and now days they all have the same technology. Whatever works best for you is who you should get. I'm telling you, there is no difference except your phone and your coverage.

Edit: When I said they all exist on the same towers that is true for major metro areas. The further away from major metro areas you will experience different coverage. Not all of them pay to cover all those cows out in western OK. :D

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have worked for all of them. Verizon is THE worst by far of any carrier when you have an issue. It took literally 10 months to correct a billing issue with them. All the rest have individual issues that relate to just your usage. I have been in the industry as long as it has existed. It's your phone or your area... Period. Just look at all the comments. There's always one better than the next. They all exist on the same towers, and now days they all have the same technology. Whatever works best for you is who you should get. Im telling you, there is no difference except your phone and your coverage.

So if I'm on a nationwide plan on both, and using the exact same phone...what can a guy do?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, I have worked for all of them. Verizon is THE worst by far of any carrier when you have an issue. It took literally 10 months to correct a billing issue with them. All the rest have individual issues that relate to just your usage. I have been in the industry as long as it has existed. It's your phone or your area... Period. Just look at all the comments. There's always one better than the next. They all exist on the same towers, and now days they all have the same technology. Whatever works best for you is who you should get. Im telling you, there is no difference except your phone and your coverage.

When we were in Oregon, we could drive down to the chapel to be line-of-sight for a cell tower and had great signal. Our guests were informed that if they needed a good signal, to do the same. AT&T folks still didn't have service.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have had ATT for 10 years now and haven't had any problems with them, that wasn't fixed by CS quickly. Have done some traveling since then and still haven't had any issues. So far its the only cell company I have been satisfied with.

The only snafu I ever had was when I had Yahoo internet and cell bundled. I cancelled the internet and they canceled both. They couldn't give me the same contract I had before so they upgraded my account for the same price as the plan I had before. Had that until I changed my plan about 2 years later.

Sorry you guys are having bad luck with them

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I switched from Sprint to AT&T many years ago and never looked back. I go all over the boonies of both Oklahoma and Texas and have never been without service on AT&T. If you happen to live or travel where there are few or no towers belonging to or used by your carrier, you’ll have limited or no service - happens with all the carriers.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I am an oddball. I rarely use my phone and have been in the literal middle of NOWHERE, in fact along Highway 51 you will be lucky to have service with any carrier in a lot of places. My T-Mobile phone was just fine. Especially if you are smart enough to preload the maps you need. Did I mention that GSM phones will work in other countries with a sim card swap? Yes Verizon phones have sim cards now, they are still frequency locked and all but the google phones won't work with other carriers.

Had Verizon at one point and IMHO the cost is not worth it. Was a bunch of places where they had crud service and they could have cared less. AT&T was ok but had crappy coverage in some area's as well and cost more than I am paying now. The funny thing I have seen is that Verizon and AT&T have had their low frequency network built out for a while so it hasn't been a priority for them to do much of anything else so they are starting to stagnate.

The last spectrum auction saw one big purchaser and within a few months they had a tower up and running after the purchase. The same company has exactly one phone that supports it as they did the work so fast and that phone is not an iphone even though it came out after the other one. Band 71 is now the lowest frequency available in cell phone usage which means it will penetrate the farthest into buildings and will travel the farthest distance from a tower over open ground. By 2020 they will have a larger cell footprint than Verizon with their purchase. So unless you are on sprint it really doesn't matter much anymore.

Each carrier will have deadspots in coverage somewhere, I think a real win is having service with a carrier that is cheaper and who will soon have less deadspots than the other three.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ATT sucks. Work phone ATT my phone US Cellular.
Having problems with ATT IPhone so stopped by the ATT store. 5 Millennials sitting on their asses texting. Told them what was wrong and no one knew crap about fixing it.
When I asked what they suggest, the response "I don't know".
I let them know we have a ton of ATT phones in our company and when it's time to renew, it will be a cold day in hell before I go with them.
Of course this was for me as they could give a crap.
Three of them never got off their cell phones during this and no one else in the store.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're on T-Mobile. There is only one dead spot within 50 miles of our house. Our house IS the dead center of that dead spot. I can go up in the attic and get 3 or 4 bars, though. :laughup:

Woody

See the bars on my home screen? I just took this screenshot while sitting at my desk in my office. There's a cell tower in plain sight about 1/2 mile out my window. :grumble:
IMG_5265.PNG

On another note I combined my ATT accounts way back when I had Uverse. AT&T just a few minutes ago sent me an email stating they were "severing" yahoo mail from my account. SWEET JESUS GLORY HALLELUJAH! I requested that months ago because I probably get 100 spam mails a day into my yahoo account which flows right into my "real" email box. :woohoo1:

Latest posts

Top Bottom