Attn. Land and Range Owners: How Appleseed can benefit you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As the Oklahoma State Coordinator for Project Appleseed, I would like to inform all land owners, range owners, and gun club members of a wonderful opportunity that could benefit you greatly: hosting an Appleseed marksmanship clinic.

Appleseed is a nationwide, all-volunteer organization that teaches rifle marksmanship, history, and heritage. Project Appleseed's goal is to make our country a Nation of Riflemen once again. We teach weekend marksmanship clinics which run all day Saturday and Sunday. The form of marksmanship we teach can be best described as "the fundamentals of marksmanship from field positions," or perhaps, "military-style marksmanship." Our training is geared towards shooting the Army Qualification Test, including both the full distance and 25m versions. Appleseed is a very rapidly-growing organization -- we have more than doubled our number of students and events every year since Appleseed began on the East Coast in 2006.

Appleseed is off to a very successful start in Oklahoma, and we are looking to greatly expand our number of shoots in this state. However, Appleseed does not own any of its own ranges -- we rely on private land owners, range owners, and gun clubs who share our desire to promote the heritage of marksmanship to host our events.

In Oklahoma, Appleseed has already held successful events at Badlands Tactical Training Facility in Grandfield, at the Oklahoma City Gun Club in Arcadia, and on private property.

Here what Appleseed brings to the table:

1. Range Fees -- It is common for host ranges to charge our students a modest range fee, which Appleseed can collect for you if desired. Being that our weekend clinics typically attract 30-70 students and involve little to no cost to the hosting range, Appleseed has proven to be a great fundraiser for our hosts.

2. Increased interest in the shooting sports -- Appleseed tends to attract a lot of new shooters, as well as experienced shooters. Many Appleseed students show interest in exercising their newly-learned skills by participating in other rifle-related shooting disciplines and events offered by our hosting ranges, such as NRA High Power, NRA Smallbore, CMP, Silhouette, and 3-gun. Our students also frequently show interest in further developing their skills with other classes that our host ranges may offer. Our hosts will have the opportunity to promote their events and classes to our shooters when they host one of our clinics.

3. Range construction -- If you are a land owner who has a piece of property that would be suitable for shooting from at least a 25m (82 ft.), but which needs some improvements (clearing, dirt work, backstops, etc.), our hard-working volunteers will make this happen. No matter how remote or primitive your land is, we can build a range on it.

4. Insurance -- Appleseed is a fully-insured operation. We have a multi-million dollar liability policy that covers both us and our hosts. However, Appleseed has never once had to invoke its policy, despite having instructed nearly 20,000 students since 2006, due to our Instructors' high safety standards.

5. Second-to-none Instructors -- Appleseed Instructors are required to undergo over 120 hours of live training as Instructors in Training, proving their skills instructing students under the supervision of an Appleseed Shoot Boss. No other marksmanship organization has higher standards. Our instructors are all highly-motivated volunteers who strongly believe in our mission.

6. A chance to help save America -- We at Appleseed believe that our country would be much better off and that our liberty would be much more secure if we were once again a Nation of Riflemen. We believe that Americans should remember how much their forefathers sacrificed to secure their liberty -- Appleseed intertwines Revolutionary War history into every event. Appleseed also promotes civic responsibility and citizenship.

If you would like to talk to me about the possibility of hosting an Appleseed, or if you have any other questions about our organization, PM me and I will give you my phone number. You may also contact me by e-mail at [email protected], or by PM.

I look forward to working with you for our mutual benefit.

henschman

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got land its just it needs a really good brushhogging or bulldozing to become a range, i bet if a range was made from east to west it could be probably atleast 200-250 yards

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AKGuy, PM sent.

Also, thanks to Mike at Excalibur Sporting Goods in Afton for agreeing to host the state's next Appleseed... it will be on the schedule shortly, and I'll post more info as soon as it is.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to Canadian Ranges/Banner Road Range for inviting us out for October 9-10, 2010! The shoot will be on the schedule shortly, and as always I will make a post in the "Firearms Training" section.

Both Excalibur Sporting Goods and Canadian Ranges have chosen to gain new members, gain exposure, make some nice range fees, and promote our heritage of marksmanship and liberty by hosting an Appleseed. You could be next! Private property or public range, we don't care. Contact me if you would like to talk about it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom