Auto extended warranty feedback, anyone got one and are you happy with it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

j-black

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Look at what Flood or Granger Ford in Iowa offers.
I looked at them. Looks like they only do 2020 and newer models. According to Ford you have to have less than 43k miles to qualify, and Ford warranties start from the in-service date of the vehicle, not the day you purchase the warranty.

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I looked at them. Looks like they only do 2000 and newer models. According to Ford you have to have less than 43k miles to qualify, and Ford warranties start from the in-service date of the vehicle, not the day you purchase the warranty.

Ah I see. I'm only familiar with them from the aspect of a new vehicle. New Bronco owners and diesel truck owners by far recommend those two above the rest.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This goes back a few years, in 1997 I bought a 1994 T-Bird. I got a small loan and the dealership offered a warranty and pushed hard on it. I declined. The warranty over the life of the loan would have cost me $2,200 dollars. Two years later and 65,000 miles later the warranty would have expired, the transmission went out, just shy of what would have been the warranty expiration. Repair was only $2,000. If you have the money I recommend not to get one, life has risks, and Warranty companies know the issues with whatever car you are insuring, even more so than Life and Health Insurance companies. There's No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American Guardian Warranty Services. I used that for my last truck and it was great. I called them up and they told me to take it where I want. I went to the dealer and told them who I had and they said they used them a lot and they were good. I didn’t have any issues with them.
Extended auto warranties, anyone here use them? Looking for suggestions for my 2018 Explorer.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I liked mine then it ran out. I'll tell you due to the advertising practises Endurance has in the mail, I would never, ever use them.

See this thread.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/...extended-vehicle-warranty-letter-scam.286827/

The scam is they assign you a fake customer ID number then warn you their (EVSP)
Extended Vehicle Service Plan is going to have a price increase Jan, 30th 2020
. Then they warn you after that date they will not be able to honor the service contract pricing designed specifically for your vehicle.

They make you think you have this plan with a fake account number and the price is going up unless you call. Then they try to sell you the policy.

Please call 1 833 201 1652 so we can hold your ESVP contract at the lowest program rates.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!

skyhawk1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one on my 2008 Jeep Rubicon only because it came with lifetime warranty on drive train. The one I bought from dealer when I bought Jeep is lifetime also on everything except tires, belts etc. They asked $2200 for warranty, and I ended up paying $1200. Have used it twice to replace heater core and each time that would have been $1400-$1500. Also have lifetime XM radio! when 1rst year ran out I called them to cancel and of course they want you to stay subscribed and offered me a couple deals that I said no to, and the girl finally said how about lifetime for $300. I took it!! Will not be getting rid of jeep in my lifetime. I always said no to extended warranties in the past but these days the way things are built I have bought them on several things and had to use them.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one on my 2008 Jeep Rubicon only because it came with lifetime warranty on drive train. The one I bought from dealer when I bought Jeep is lifetime also on everything except tires, belts etc. They asked $2200 for warranty, and I ended up paying $1200. Have used it twice to replace heater core and each time that would have been $1400-$1500. Also have lifetime XM radio! when 1rst year ran out I called them to cancel and of course they want you to stay subscribed and offered me a couple deals that I said no to, and the girl finally said how about lifetime for $300. I took it!! Will not be getting rid of jeep in my lifetime. I always said no to extended warranties in the past but these days the way things are built I have bought them on several things and had to use them.
I have one similar on my '14 Durango, lifetime (not really, only 30 years or million miles). Back then Chrysler offered it on new vehicles, I bought mine in 2016 and since the previous owner had it serviced at the dealer it was "certified" and transferable, cost about 3 grand but just the AWD computer and transmission pan crack has more than paid for that. $100 deductable and covers everything but wiper blades, brakes and tires. Got it as the retirement vehicle and not getting rid of it because of that warrenty, 178,000 miles and counting.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The neeer cars are all touchscreen controls. Daughter bought one a couple years back. I paid $1200 to cover bumper to bumper for 100k. I can’t replace any of her screens for $1200
^^^ This here. My last one paid for itself several times over. I have yet to use it on my current truck at 70k miles but if anything goes wrong, I’ll get my $1200 back pretty quick.

Latest posts

Top Bottom