Bacon Smackdown!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like a hoot. Wish I had one of those.

I called a guy that was in the Pawnee area that complained about hogs. Told him we would spring/summer hunt only and would not be interested in anything else. The property is owned by a business for clients, and we struck out. I even had my ex-wifes Dad give me a recomendation, as he works for them. Never got a call back, but I heard that the ODW did a fly over in helo's to help them out.

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had a run in with a hog this morning, me and my little brother were out hunting squirrel on some private land that molds in with a patch of the deep fork wma, we got out there just before dawn, as we were making our way into the some of the woods outside the orchard we heard some rustling getting close real fast, when he was about 10yds out my little brother put 17 rounds from a marlin model60 in em, and he barely flinched, I dropped my plinkster and put 4 hps from my .380 into em and he changed his mind, but still didn't drop, we tried to catch up with him for about half an hour but when it got too thick we gave up on him, would have been nice to take a big hog like that with nothing but a .22 and a .380. Little brother has a hell of a story to tell all his little middle school buddies tomorrow morning though, by the time I dropped em off at my moms house he had the story blown so out of proportion that it could give Ben Hur a run for it's money. the last account I heard had the pig standing at 6 feet tall with elephant tusks and an almost knife to tusk battle between my little brother and the hog while I tried to unholster my pistol. Gotta love them young imaginations.

Next time we go out, I bring a bigger bullet just in case :)

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I killed a big one with a .22 once but it was a well placed shot to the head that did it.
If we hadn't spooked him we probably could have dropped him, but this was more self defense than hunting, I am proud of the little brother though, I told him to run to a stand that was about 50 yds behind us, but instead he stood his ground and gave that bacon some tough loving.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a run in with a hog this morning, me and my little brother were out hunting squirrel on some private land that molds in with a patch of the deep fork wma, we got out there just before dawn, as we were making our way into the some of the woods outside the orchard we heard some rustling getting close real fast, when he was about 10yds out my little brother put 17 rounds from a marlin model60 in em, and he barely flinched, I dropped my plinkster and put 4 hps from my .380 into em and he changed his mind, but still didn't drop, we tried to catch up with him for about half an hour but when it got too thick we gave up on him, would have been nice to take a big hog like that with nothing but a .22 and a .380. Little brother has a hell of a story to tell all his little middle school buddies tomorrow morning though, by the time I dropped em off at my moms house he had the story blown so out of proportion that it could give Ben Hur a run for it's money. the last account I heard had the pig standing at 6 feet tall with elephant tusks and an almost knife to tusk battle between my little brother and the hog while I tried to unholster my pistol. Gotta love them young imaginations.

Next time we go out, I bring a bigger bullet just in case :)

Your little brother story sounds about like my friends, that is 26 years old,tells.

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is it just me or are the pigs getting more aggressive, and it seems to me that there's more breeding between the species. I didn't used to hear alot of these attack stories, but I've heard of 4 Including ours in the same area in the past couple of weeks, also my brother in Mississippi had a hog attack him and his dogs while he was out coon hunting a couple of months ago, and he said it's getting to be more and more of a regular thing there. Is it the numbers or are the pigs actually getting meaner?

Latest posts

Top Bottom