Bad day fishing beats a good day working....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JCW355

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I got it at walmart. I gave it to my buddy Jason when he got his boat before I sold you mine. It' s a 2 part lock that covers the knobs/ handles that tighten the motor to the transom. Sure you could just cut the threaded part and still steal a boat motor but you won't turn the knobs/handles to remove the motor.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I got it at walmart. I gave it to my buddy Jason when he got his boat before I sold you mine. It' s a 2 part lock that covers the knobs/ handles that tighten the motor to the transom. Sure you could just cut the threaded part and still steal a boat motor but you won't turn the knobs/handles to remove the motor.

You can't stop a determined thief, but any obstacle is going to slow them down. Ill check at wallyworld next time I'm out. Thanks!

BTW, love the boat! :D

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They make a lock that covers the tightening knobs.

Well it pisses me off to no end that I should have to have to lock a damn motor down to the boat to keep people from stealing it. That never even crossed my mind before. On your own land you shouldn't have to hide or lock down your deer stands, feeders, traps, boat motors, etc. That is a bunch of crap. And when you DO catch someone stealing your stuff, you should have the right to send a load of buckshot right in their ass, but that is not the case. According to the sheriff, you can't even get a citation written for someone trespassing on your own land unless you already have your property posted, which most people don't. So it almost takes two times to get something done about trespassers. First time the sheriff tells you he can't really do anything about it because your land was not posted, so you post your land then they can write a citation on second offense, but generally not arrest. Bunch of crap is what it is. As you can tell, I am a bit angry over the whole thing.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a miracle! My boat motor was recovered this morning by the Push Co sheriff!!! And just in time for duck season! I was pretty down in the dumps over the whole thing. I haven't got my hands on the motor yet to check for damage, and it may have to sit in evidence until the hearing, but I will get it back eventually. Quite excited to find out who stole it as well. Debating on putting a big plywood sign in my yard with his name "JOHN DOE IS A THIEF!" Either that or just pulling up in his yard, yank his ass out of the house and give him a country boy ass whoopin in his own yard... but that'd get me shot I reckon, so I will just let the law handle it. Regardless, I am pumped about getting to press some charges!

Latest posts

Top Bottom