Barking Doberman Advice

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are good neighbors otherwise. When the doberman barks and they are home they will bring him in....so they are trying.
My brother had a dobie and he was not interested in making friends. There seems be something in the breed that keep them constantly juiced up and on alert.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a black and tan named Murphy. He was a rescue dobie. He was ear clipped as a show dog but one ear splint moved and it didn't build the cartilage to stand up so he was floppy eared on one side. They were going to put him down! He turned out to have obedience training and was housebroke. What more could you ask for in a dobie? He was constantly "patrolling the yard and had a rut next to the fence.

I had to buy a shock collar to keep him from barking at every damn thing he saw. After a while though the batteries died and we took it off.
He started his fool barking once and I went to the door so he would see me. I held up the collar and he shut up. From then on all I had to do was holler HEY! and hold up that dead collar.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Peanut butter sandwiches.
Keeps their mouth sticky and tied up for awhile.
It will soon be your friend. Beef jerky works on the meanest dogs but will take about 2 weeks before they become your friend.

At least for the ones I had to deal with.

If nothing works maybe send a letter from an unknown address to the husband thanking him for the nice things he has done for you and love hooking up with you and insert a picture in the envelope like this.
curly-hairstyles-for-pretty-women-for-new-trends-1.jpg

They will Soon be divorced and out of your hair.

Especially if after a couple weeks you send another one stating he needs to go see a doctor because he may have given you Chlamydia infection

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since they're good neighbors....

Try the silent dog training whistle. That way if they're at home they/neighbors won't hear it but "hund"..dog in German will hear it.
Blow it every time you go outside for a few seconds-15. Then alternate blowing whistle but blow like the wind when he barks.

You want "foo-foo" to associate you and that whistle noise in his ears...basically train him to chill-out when you're around. I've heard pro's and con's on this...I've never used it. I use to use a shocking collar to train my coon dogs....but they were my dogs.

Last resort...ask a Veterinarian.

044382a3af250be3b0069109441a344b.image.550x550.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom