Bathroom faucet supply line hook up ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some plumber as well as electricians fail to properly do their job. Electricians secured the receptacles in my home with sheet rock screws and the proper screws come with receptacles! Plumbers are supposed to pressurize the water line up to a certain PSI to ensure that it will hold without leaks. I haven't had any problems with PEX in the current home but in my previous home one minor leak under the kitchen sink which I easily put a new "ring" on and never another problem. Copper won't last a lifetime but PEX will. Copper leaking in a concrete slab is not an easy fix and PEX runs the entire run with any connections until it exits the slab. (Actually, whether it's copper or PEX it is buried in the sand beneath the slab.)

anyone can plumb not everyone can be a plumber. i see all these handymen on craigslist or facebook advertising their plumbing services with no license...you can check these licenses on the CIB website...doesn't guarantee you get a good plumber, but it doesn't hurt to make sure they're licensed.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah my dad had Pex in his house and had two fittings leak inside of 4 years. I wouldn't trust anything but copper. My copper lines have been in place since 1980 and they're still going strong.

inside of 4 years from time of installation? Pex is a very good material to use imo....those fittings, if properly inserted, are stronger than the pex itself. that pex ring squeezes in with thousands of pounds of force....the pex pipe itself will burst before the fitting...if it's uponor, anyway...
With regards to PEX, our RV's plumbing is pretty much nothing but PEX. However, we have had three issues in our RV of fittings blowing out and having water spewing everywhere. The first was the water line going to the toilet and the second was a fitting blowing out on the shower faucets. (Working on that one was as fun as all get-out [sarcasm off]. The third was a leak in the underbelly near where the water lines come into the RV.

Such incidents is why we always turn the water off to the RV anytime we leave the RV park.

its not unusual for RV's and trailers to be piped in what we plumbers colliquially call 'trailer park pex' or polybutelene... Are the pipes grey?

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
inside of 4 years from time of installation? Pex is a very good material to use imo....those fittings, if properly inserted, are stronger than the pex itself. that pex ring squeezes in with thousands of pounds of force....the pex pipe itself will burst before the fitting...if it's uponor, anyway...

its not unusual for RV's and trailers to be piped in what we plumbers colliquially call 'trailer park pex' or polybutelene... Are the pipes grey?

They don't appear to be. Most of the lines are either blue (cold water, I presume) or red (likely hot water), but there are a couple out in the underbelly that are thicker in size and appear to be mostly white. Those white ones appear to primarily go to the RV's 12-volt water pump and are fairly short. It appears that the red and blue lines go all the way from the "water manifold" to each of the faucets and toilet in the RV.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some old faucets have the valves and lines all hard plumbed. Not many but I’ve removed several in the past 7 years. You have to cut them out and put on new valves to connect standard lines.

Latest posts

Top Bottom