best pig stickers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Making good headway, blade is sanded to 600g and buffed, raw brass bolster milled and attached to blank. I ordered some Kirinite tonight, I couldn't get green or blue in 3/8" thick and I want some thick scales to work with on this one, the thickness allows me to put a nice curvature on the handle. I ordered Black Mop and Toxic Green and black, its kind of wild but it drew my attention so I will put it on something.

after the quench if you look close you can see the hamon.

now the blade is sanded and wrapped up, raw bolster is attached and its ready for handle work when it comes in.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the black will look a little better with the brass bolster and polished blade, the green would be better with silver bolster and a etched blade, but if you guys want to go with the toxic green/black no problem here. I'm already planning on making myself a version of this knife I just cant help it and I ended up giving my last big knife to a friend while out camping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom