Best place to buy Michelin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I called the SW OKC and Edmond stores and they said they didn't have them and couldn't get them. They were my preference because of the road hazard.

Sorry, I should have specified, samsclub.com. Order online, delivered to your Sam's Club and they call you when they come in. You actually don't pay for them until you go in to have them mounted.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
bought my Mich from Sams Club and really pleased with them.

Also, had good luck w/ Cooper tires. Never tried Discount Tire, but might next time.......

Last edited:

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hibdon will match Tire Rack prices(price+shipping) although you will pay tax on top of it. I ordered my Michelins through them.

They also do 6 months 0%

For my truck I've run just about every tire out there, I will agree that the Hankooks are pretty good, but nothing delivers the life, and ride quality the Michelins do.

Also just put some Pilot Sport 3 on the wife's car, huge improvement over the factory run flats. Ordered the tires, and new wheels from Tire Rack, they landed on the front porch mounted and balanced, 15 minutes later they were on the car, super convenient.

i576.photobucket.com_albums_ss208_havsummfun_Z4_91207c7e_36d4_40b9_b22a_4d2329952ad7_zps624f3534.jpg

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking for 4 -245/45R20 Michelin Primacy MXM4.
Where would be the best place in OKC to buy them. A member would be nice.
I can ship them in from tire rack for $306 + $20 mounting.
No one out here seems to have them.

It sounds like you've researched the tire down to the specific make/model/size - this is a good thing as brand-name means absolutely nothing anymore. I hear folks talk about brand-names as if there is a brand that doesn't make a turd once in a while (some more than others).

Discount Tire is really stepping up their game customer service-wise - they're all about checks/procedures too. If you go into their stores with a printout of discounttiredirect.com, they will usually try and beat that price to get you to go through the store.

(check the second page under this link for your specific tire, but pay attention to the reviews of other tires):
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...r=45&rd=20&counter=0&fl=&sortBy=prca&fqs=true

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Discount Tire/Discount Tire Direct.

When I was meat shopping for my Jeep, I found some Coopers at TreadDepot.com for $183/each, and they were ~$300 everywhere else. Discount Tire/DTD's website didn't even mention they sold these tires, so I was pretty much convinced that I'll be buying my wheels from DTD and my tires from TreadDepot. I called DTD to place the order for my wheels and they asked about tires. I told them I found some Coopers at TreadDepot for almost half what everyone else is selling them for. He asked how much for all 5 and I told him with tax and shipping it was like $1,000 something, like $1,030ish. Without even skipping a beat, he said, "We'll do all 5 for $1,000 OTD". I asked about him selling me these tires when neither of their sites even mention any Cooper products at all and he said, "If we don't advertise it on our site, it's only because we don't keep them regularly stocked. If you want it, we can get it."

Unfortunately, he called me back a few hours later and told me that his distributor has them on backorder, so I can either cancel or wait. Since TreadDepot had them in stock, I told him to cancel the order. Still, it goes to show the great customer service they offer. We've had new tires bought and installed by DT over the last few years and we've been completely satisfied every time.

So, long story short: Discount Tire.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ended up buying them local for $295 each mounted and balanced, but no road hazard. But the money I save will cover half the cost of a new tire.

The big deal about getting them here, is nobody's warehouse had them.

So I called a guy , that called a guy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom