Big Buck Found Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

30BulletHoles

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know that you can't sell a mounted deer, but I wasn't aware that you couldn't sell a found skull. It doesn't say anything about it in the hunting regulations and thats the kind of info that people need to know before they have something like that jerked out from under them by the wildlife department. Cant say I blame the guy for trying to sell it since I didn't know it wasnt legal because I wouldnt mount something I didn't kill.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For starters, the tape is to keep up with whether or not that tine has been scored yet. It is also used at the base of tines to gather a point of origin to begin measuring length of a tine.

The person in the picture doesn't work near the county that this was found and he is not a game warden, so I find it odd that he is holding it and it came from that county. Not saying it didn't come from there, just curios as to why he is referenced in the pictures. I am sure it is for unofficial green scoring since there is no such thing as an "official green score"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For starters, the tape is to keep up with whether or not that tine has been scored yet. It is also used at the base of tines to gather a point of origin to begin measuring length of a tine.

The person in the picture doesn't work near the county that this was found and he is not a game warden, so I find it odd that he is holding it and it came from that county. Not saying it didn't come from there, just curios as to why he is referenced in the pictures. I am sure it is for unofficial green scoring since there is no such thing as an "official green score"

I'm kind of confused about the "official green score" your referring to?
If I'm not wrong, a rack can be green scored, and a year later, has the official score....
Correct me if I'm wrong.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of confused about the "official green score" your referring to?
If I'm not wrong, a rack can be green scored, and a year later, has the official score....
Correct me if I'm wrong.

A green score is just a score that anyone can give the deer, there is nothing official about it. Yeah a rack can be scored by anybody but there will be nothing official about it until after the 60 day drying period.

A Boone and Crocket scorer can only score a deer once and only once and it has to be done after the 60 day drying period. The extremely large deer that may be a potential record are generally panel scored by a group of at least 3 scorers. Thus the reason that a green score will never be official, people just say it to make it sound more "official".

jbrentn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i hope at some point in my hunting career i get a crack at something like that, altho i'm sure that i'd probably crap my drawers if i saw him.

Latest posts

Top Bottom