Big Buck Found Dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a few more pics for your viewing pleasure.
ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DSCN1949.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DSCN1946.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DSCN1951.jpg

ai35.photobucket.com_albums_d168_imhntn_DSCN1952.jpg

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to the game warden. A guy found the buck and could have gotten a permit for it but the story is that he was trying to sell the rack. You can not sell any antlers in OK that are attached to a skull plate. If you cut them off, you can sell them. The alleged story is that the person who found it, and they did investigate the site where found and it seems legit, was actively marketing the buck to Cabelas, Bass Pro and others. It is now in the possession of the OK Wildlife Dept.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just talked to the game warden. A guy found the buck and could have gotten a permit for it but the story is that he was trying to sell the rack. You can not sell any antlers in OK that are attached to a skull plate. If you cut them off, you can sell them. The alleged story is that the person who found it, and they did investigate the site where found and it seems legit, was actively marketing the buck to Cabelas, Bass Pro and others. It is now in the possession of the OK Wildlife Dept.

I was kind of wondering about that. I was thinking it was farm raised deer with all the junk.
By Law, the farm raised deer have to be registered, so that they can't be in the B&C with DNA. This is what I've been told, so I stand to be corrected.

I am not aware of the skull plate reg.
So If somebody poached a deer, and cut the skull plate away, they are legal to sell?
We have a big poaching problem in our area.

Wondering if this is how they keep from being procecuted?

Latest posts

Top Bottom