Black Rifle Coffee

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Bought some for the first time. H&H is now carrying it. Picked up some 'thin blue line'
and some 'coffee or die'. My son had been ordering his on line but hadn't had the c or d so I have it to him.
I'm having a cup of the tbl now. It's a medium roast and my first thought is how much I'm going to save on coffee. It's pretty strong, I don't think I'll need my normal three cups.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bought some for the first time. H&H is now carrying it. Picked up some 'thin blue line'
and some 'coffee or die'. My son had been ordering his on line but hadn't had the c or d so I have it to him.
I'm having a cup of the tbl now. It's a medium roast and my first thought is how much I'm going to save on coffee. It's pretty strong, I don't think I'll need my normal three cups.

Next time you are in Enid, the new bookstore downtown carries it, if you want to stock up. I have no idea how their prices compare, but I like to help them make a go of their new enterprise!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a new Breville and have been enjoying the BRCC the best so far. Just spend $100 on more coffee from them so we don't run out. Very happy with it so far. And can't believe we kept that crap Kurig for so damn long.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
We have a new Breville and have been enjoying the BRCC the best so far. Just spend $100 on more coffee from them so we don't run out. Very happy with it so far. And can't believe we kept that crap Kurig for so damn long.

I think they are doing k-cups now also

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, they are. We will have to break out the Keurig when company comes into town as the Breville only hold about 5 large sized coffee mugs worth. Hopefully the K-cups will be as good as fresh ground beans.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been eyeballing this coffee for a few weeks but haven't ordered yet. I like medium to dark roast nutty taste. Which BRC would you recommend to try first?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seem to remember some kind of hullaballoo about the Black Rifle Coffee guys... I read a long thing about it. Some "operator" from the Afghan theater accusing them of being posers who really weren't the badass heroes they made themselves out to be? Special Forces or something? I don't remember, I'd have to look it up when I find the time...

<edit> Memory is REALLY fuzzy about it all, so definitely take it with a grain of salt or three. I want to say it might have been about taking advantage of other vets or something, I dunno.

The owner/founder is a former army special forces guy. Makes a lot of funny videos with Mat Best a former army ranger.

Main deal was BRCC was shitting all over the easy target Starbucks, and preaching about their (BRCC's) politics and pledge to hire 15,000 veterans, but without fact-checking that Starbucks is one of the most veteran-supporting companies out there.

Similar deal about when Starbucks said they weren't prohibiting carrying in their stores but rather asked to not have to take sides in guns allowed / not allowed debate.

It's also questionable that the founder was in the military. I've read he was in the CIA and served as a contractor, but was not SF or even military at all. So there's concerns about his claims of military service/veteran status.

I don't really drink either of their coffees TBH. I just wanted to get the facts out there. I'm more a Topeca guy if I'm feeling spending, Cartel or Corvus if I'm out and a place (like Foolish Things) has it on hand, or Gevalia if I just need something cheaper and in a hurry.

Last edited:

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but I just want coffee. Folgers Classic Roast is the best I've found.

Oh, and you will NEVER see me in a "coffee shop" that is selling froo-froo coffee.
Ever since I started grinding my own beans I can't drink Folgers or any of the traditional brands of ground coffee. It's just a lesser level of blech than instant coffee.

I mainly buy from small shops that will have a high inventory turnover so I'm most likely getting something fresher. Once you try it, you just can't go back, it's night/day difference.

Latest posts

Top Bottom