Smoked Bologna

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to smoke the bologna whole then rinse in some apple cider to take away some of the bitterness of the smoke before cutting into bite size add bbq sauce on it then cover and heat for 30 min at 250deg for the sauce to penetrate the crust before serving.

I have converted a vegetarian to the dark side with bite size smoky bologna pieces.

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been smoking bologna for years. Oklahoma had the cheapest prices per pound, other than the reservations, that you could find. I moved to Florida and bologna went to three time the price of Oklahoma. I decided to push bologna to the side and only smoke fish and pork.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ever tried smoked Spam? I had a softball girl request it for her graduation party one time. I thought she was crazy but there was not a single bite of it left, and that’s been the case every time I have made it since.
That has my interest. I'll pick up a can at the store tomorrow and give it a try.
I have to pick up a corned beef as well to smoke into pastrami. They should be on sale after St Patty's day hopefully as well as a couple pounds of Jimmy Dean sausage for the smoker.
For the OP, bologna on the smoker is awesome. Never tried it like you did, but it's going to get a trip on the smoker as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom