Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssx2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is "Son House" he is about as Blues as it gets, its been stated that he was influential on both "Robert Johnson" and "Muddy Waters". He left the blues world only to comeback decades later as the re-emergence of the music came back with the blues/rock artists of the 60's who came calling and some using the music with no credit given. It was rumored that he was gone so long he had to relearn his own music. Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Garrett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just Got Back From Baby's

From ZZ Top's First Album

I have First Album, Rio Grande Mud and Tres Hombres.....all 3 great examples of Texas Blues Rock. Billy can bend strings with the best of `em!

This is "Son House" he is about as Blues as it gets, its been stated that he was influential on both "Robert Johnson" and "Muddy Waters". He left the blues world only to comeback decades later as the re-emergence of the music came back with the blues/rock artists of the 60's who came calling and some using the music with no credit given. It was rumored that he was gone so long he had to relearn his own music. Enjoy!

A true Blues legend for sure! I have "Delta Blues and Spirituals", is was recored live at London's 100 Club in 1970 during House's final European tour.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Aww yeah, this thread is makin me smile. Another old school blues man that I really enjoy. I have a soft spot for mississippi / delta blues.

If you've ever listened to Clutch, you've already heard this song.

6 Strings

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So many good choices …

Like many, my journey in the blues started with the Rolling Stones and Eric Clapton and worked backwards into Muddy Watters, Elmore James and Howlin’ Wolf.

If you want to get deep into the blues, check out the acoustic blues from artists like Robert Johnson, Bill Broonzy, Lightnin’ Hopkins , Rev. Gary Davis and Blind Lemon Jefferson.

Enjoy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom