What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coolest car-truck…..

Mine would be:
1977 Toyota Landcruiser wagon - FJ55.

Bought it in 1985 from orig owner with 45k miles, bone stock with 12” thick folder of maintenance records. I added a 53 gal fuel tank, overdrive splitter, which gave 8 gears, would run 75 on interstate no problem, added an A/C unit, winch, custom bumpers, new bucket seats, eventually painted….. sold it in 90’s trying to raise 4 kids, grow a business, etc. Wish I still had it today. It’d take me 2 weeks of digging to find an old pic.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1971 Lotus Elan + 2

1706408933633.png

Woody

silverarrow

Marksman
Reaction score
Don't laugh, but I consider this to be coolest 'car' I ever owned! A 1958 BMW Isetta! Mine was cosmetically perfect (just like this one that's not mine). However, after many years of being stored in a barn, the rats and mice had eaten every single wire on that car. I took me nearly a year to figure out how everything was wired.

Story I got was that the original owner got this in '58 or '59 and drove it to Alaska and back and then put it in the barn. Can't remember exactly, but it seems like the odometer read 11K,

View attachment 447923
That is really cool. 1978 I worked at a Fina gas station in Kaiserslautern Germany , a gentleman would stop and get gas in one of these . At that time you still would see some of the old micro cars. I still own the last two of many BMW's That Ive owned. 1981 633csi & 1988 M5.

Attachments

• 20190415_115605~2~2 (2).jpg
    20190415_115605~2~2 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20171105_103558~2~2.jpg
    20171105_103558~2~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never really "owned" this truck, it was my father's. Kind of a rarity, I don't think they made a bunch. Something like 4000, and only one production year.

It was a 1975 GMC Sierra Classic "Beau James" limited edition. Only certain dealers got one, and luckily the local dealer in Claremore was a good friend of my father. Knowing dad was a car/truck enthusiast, he called dad up and sold it to him over the phone, sight unseen.

My two older brothers and I all three drove it as our first vehicle until we saved up enough money to buy our own. My father gave it to my 1st cousin just before he passed. He too is a pickup guy and spends his off days restoring old Chevrolet/GMC pickups.

9283951-1975-gmc-sierra-beau-james-edition-std.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I never really "owned" this truck, it was my father's. Kind of a rarity, I don't think they made a bunch. Something like 4000, and only one production year.

It was a 1975 GMC Sierra Classic "Beau James" limited edition. Only certain dealers got one, and luckily the local dealer in Claremore was a good friend of my father. Knowing dad was a car/truck enthusiast, he called dad up and sold it to him over the phone, sight unseen.

My two older brothers and I all three drove it as our first vehicle until we saved up enough money to buy our own. My father gave it to my 1st cousin just before he passed. He too is a pickup guy and spends his off days restoring old Chevrolet/GMC pickups.

View attachment 448869
I remember those.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 448869
I don’t remember “beau james”, what did it have from factory?

Latest posts

Top Bottom