What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 99 Sduty when I was showing it.
1706373954850.png

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Grew up....maybe better term grew older....in the muscle car era. Cars in order, had multiple so one was always together, running for date nights:

65 Dodge Cornet 500 convertible yellow/black 383 HiPo 4 gear....straight line fun, pig in twisties......damn bridge abutments don't move.
65 Chevy Impala 327 4 gear......special order "Evening Purple" Purple People Eater, black...what was I thinking???...OH, I remember, girls loved it with bell bottom leisure suits!!!
62 Corvette Honduras Marron/black/sprayed Velveteen black hardtop/often sans fold top for weight (went well with really long hair, bell bottoms, I guess) 327 300HP Borg 4 gear Literally paid off loan at $945 from a kid with kids!!!....popped a 65 Vette 365HP sweet printed by Steegies, soon Muncie M22 Rock Crusher from Rich Thomas...breathed on it turning mid-11s at Alton, MAR, Hall Street......3927140 Off Road Z28 cam 12.5 poppers, 2200 idle thru Circle Steak'n'Shake looking for runs on Hall Street. Also built 396/M22..with 2 buddies could swap ~1hr from rear U-header stubs-radiator. Sadly, not numbers matching, Dad sold all spares while gone. Curt Wasson/Rich Thomas of SuperStitious Funny Car/ProSS MoPar fame, respectively, often put down some test runs. Curt tried several times to give both his nuts to get that ride.....not happenin'......still in shop. DIL...former EPA lawyer thinks she is going to turn it into an EV....OVER HER DEAD BODY!!! Side story: Decades later, family living Coppell,TX. I was running operation for MWKellog (now KBR) in Houston, coming home weekends I-45 N into South Dallas, HUGE maybe 12x12 green road sign read "Hall Street 1/4 Mile" Wanted that sign so bad could taste it in remembrance of nights on Hall Street in StL. Would have had to remove house roof to install it, maybe could have hung on garage wall or as a garage door?!?!?! Wifey, son did much eye rollin'....both post-Hall St. Won the Dad Lottery, Dad never said Hello answering late night phone calls...only "Are you OK, Where are you, what broke???"
Buddy Bob ran a 59 Vette swapped built 427 named Froggy, lime green for hopping down 1/4.
66 Charger 383HiPo.....sold to college roomie whose Peruvian Ambassador to France dad blew a gasket upon hearing....Peru landed MSRP like $50K in 60s money....we both turned a sweet deal...see next two.
67 Belvidere 426 Hemi....Charger paid for it and following ride too....yeah, ground pounder on a line, twisty oinker.
67 Vette coupe maroon, black stripe 427 tri-power 435HP OEM side pipes, real knock offs....it did out run the MOHP on Route 66, not their radios......bummer!!!
In here, friend from Iowa had a REAL 66 Cobra 427 FE side oiler...died driving a station wagon..go figure...
68 Road "Beep Beep" Runner......fast straight, another twisty pig, and kept having to go back for body parts fallin' off....Ben Franklin 5'n'dime body engineering
John had a blue 68 GTO first with "rubber" bumper. Laughed our asses off when he tested that bumper on awning post at Candy's in Rolla
69 Chevelle 396/375 L78 Muncie M21 red/black/black vinyl top/black stripe...dependable, fast if you could keep the rear on the ground...the definition of wheel hopo in action....trac bars were added pronto. Yeah it blew the doors off Billy's Orange 69 GTO Judge....."Here Come Da' Judge" .....right behind da' Chevy.
AH1 Snake...FU Papa Ho

Rides since, all fine, but sane, boring.
What a time in my "way back machine." Need to find those old pics, probably still at parents' house, never got rid of anything of mine away....except those number matching parts and my baseball cards (uncle actually got them, I'm sure). All together would have made a nice ride collection had I kept them all. Too soon old, too late smart......
Just turned 3/4 century late December......years like a picket fence in those fine rides. If one doesn't do "Hold my drink, watch this" boners requiring GOD protecting you when you were young, you won't have anything to smile about when you're in an old geezer home. Kept God busy, mortician will never wipe this smile.

Last edited:

Big50

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Friend had a bird in college. We went to Salem drag strip every Sunday. Denny was a freak with a fetish about light weight.....even took off wipers on track. Monday morning rolled around, Denny had walked to class in a pouring rain 'cause wifey Sandy needed to drive car across town to work. Hilariously, no wiper blades. Things major tense at their house for several days!!!!

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I narrowed it down to favorite Viper. I've had a '95 RT/10, '99 GTS, '02 GTS and an '05 SRT convertible.
This one was a SEMA for iForged wheels and it had a built 522ci with a ROE supercharger on it making ~850hp.
View attachment 447999

I'm really more into older Corvettes. I've had about a dozen but here are my top 3 favorites:

1961 (all original with 36K miles)

View attachment 448000

This was my 1965 Mongoose style convertible with a warmed over 355ci and 5 speed. It was an entire segment of TV for Barret-Jackson when it sold...not for the purist but I loved it:

View attachment 448001

This was one that I had fully restored. Bought it as a basket case because it was a documented 1967 with an L79 and AC. Great color combo of White/Red and had a 4 speed. Buildsheet showed its originality of options.

View attachment 448003

Won't bore anyone with all the other cars but I've enjoyed multiple Porsches, AMG and M cars as well as motorcycles. Dream cars are: Wraith, Singer 911, ICON Rover and RestoMod 63 Split.
Don't recall '61s having body color coves like '62s. Thought they were all contrasting coves.

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cousin had a 442....'68 as I recall. Contrary to popular belief of 400in....4bbl....2exh, it stood for, at least in Ron's case.....4 days on the road; 4 days on the lift; 2 broke to fix it. He was hard on equipment, a poor excuse for a wrencher.

Latest posts

Top Bottom