What was the coolest car/truck you ever owned?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1979 GMC Caballero Diablo ( same as El Camino ) . Last year they put 350's in Caballero's or El Camino's. Two tone blue with all the factory options. Also had a 1990 Silverado xtra cab with a 350 5 speed manual that would bark 4th at 60mph. Miss it too. Like most everyone else, we wish we had them back.

Last edited:

0bserver

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
87 Plymouth Voyager

1706365465106.png

Had more get-up-and-go than any minivan needed.

.41ae Guy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I was in college there was a person in my town who owned a red one. He lefta bar with a friend and took off a bit too fast for the local police. A chase ensued, the police got left in the dust, last radar showed 155 mph in a 35 mph zone. His wasn't exactly stock, had the best in 80's era nitrous on the Ford 351 Cleveland. The reason I heard about this is a friend's girlfriend worked animal control. The owner didn't drive the car for a long, long time after that.
They are a fantastic car, it's a better car than I am a driver. The Cleveland is a steller engine for sure, and the ZF-2 gearbox is good for tons of HP, the weak link is gearing. No matter the HP, you are RPM limited to about 160mph from factory. There is ONE option for the ring gear available, a taller 5th gear, or a trans swap are your options. That's why the land speed guys run such tall tires.

Latest posts

Top Bottom