Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last two...............you decide.

Killing Floor

Killing Floor...............Jimi style

Yeah, I like the blues...........with a pack of Kool Menthal, a cold Schlitz, and a hot game of street craps and makin' easy money.............................LOOK OUT!!!

Not the Video posted above.....but it is on youtube.

***Little side note*** Jimi was in London and got up on stage and jammed with Cream. He plugged into Jack Bruce's Bassman Amp and told them Killing Floor.

About half way through the song..........Clapton was so intimidated.........he walked off the stage, hands shaking trying to light a cigarette and asking his manager......."Is he really that good"?? Yep, Clapton was served by Jimi using Cream as the band for that song

Last edited by a moderator:

securitysix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you trying to learn to play or to set a mood? That could matter...

"How Long" - Your choice, Eric Clapton or Doc Watson

"Cheatin' Woman" and "The Ballad of Curtis Loew" - Lynyrd Skynyrd

BB King, Albert Collins, Albert King, Blinddog Smokin' (does one of the best covers of "House of the Rising Sun" I've ever heard), Freddie King, Leadbelly, Tab Benoit.

If you like a little rock mixed in with your blues, look up Lincoln Durham.

Also, others have mentioned Stevie Ray, and I agree wholeheartedly. Give his version of "Mary Had a Little Lamb" a listen (no, seriously, do it). But don't sell his brother Jimmy short, either. That boy can play.

Latest posts

Top Bottom