Boise, Idaho, no you da ho!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have any of you knuckleheads been to/lived in Boise, ID? Wife and I are thinking of moving there for a change of scenery in 5-7 years. Looks really nice.

I have heard some real nice things about Boise. Only flew in bought my Ram and drove home so no real experience. Not sure how you chose to put Boise on the list of places to move but I assume you like the mountains and all the outdoor activity they have to offer. If you want an awesome place to check out I would highly recommend making a visit to Bozeman, MT. Weather is a bit cooler than Boise due to location but such a beautiful town.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A good buddy of mine moved out there and I try to visit...he will do what he calls a trifecta...golf, fly fish, night ski all in one day.

And yes, Californians are moving out in droves because high cost of living, therefore, increasing the Boise cost of living. Which is ironic.

They can have pretty bad inversion if I remember correctly.

Californians increase the cost of living? Hmmmm, so they increased the cost of milk, bread, fuel, cars, clothes? The only thing that people do to increase the cost of living would be real estate and only the fairly wealthy would influence that. not necessarily a bad thing to have the locals home values rise because of this.

Now if you want to complain about all the other bullchit the rich liberals from CA or NY or other places bring to places like Boise then I would totally agree with your conclusion.

A5Sooner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Californians increase the cost of living? Hmmmm, so they increased the cost of milk, bread, fuel, cars, clothes? The only thing that people do to increase the cost of living would be real estate and only the fairly wealthy would influence that. not necessarily a bad thing to have the locals home values rise because of this. Now if you want to complain about all the other bullchit the rich liberals from CA or NY or other places bring to places like Boise then I would totally agree with your conclusion.
Californians increase the cost of living? Hmmmm, so they increased the cost of milk, bread, fuel, cars, clothes? The only thing that people do to increase the cost of living would be real estate and only the fairly wealthy would influence that. not necessarily a bad thing to have the locals home values rise because of this. Now if you want to complain about all the other bullchit the rich liberals from CA or NY or other places bring to places like Boise then I would totally agree with your conclusion.
Ok, real simple... A lot of people moving into a small town creates a supply/demand issue. Less supply equals more demand equals higher costs. To add to that, prices are low compared to what they can get per dollar in California. Therefore the Californians are more likely to pay more because it is a relative bargain. Thus,raising real estate costs for the original population of Boise. *edit* Is it a falsified market? Yes. Yes, migrations of people have been affecting the price of property since the beginning of civilization.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My kids' uncle live in Boise and they must love it theyve been there awhile. And theyre transplanted native Californians. Like I am here. He was raised in northern CA but moved to Boise for his wife because thats where she was from. My kids would go there to visit but I never have, they had a blast.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, real simple... A lot of people moving into a small town creates a supply/demand issue. Less supply equals more demand equals higher costs. To add to that, prices are low compared to what they can get per dollar in California. Therefore the Californians are more likely to pay more because it is a relative bargain. Thus,raising real estate costs for the original population of Boise. *edit* Is it a falsified market? Yes. Yes, migrations of people have been affecting the price of property since the beginning of civilization.

You are correct but this has nothing to do with people from CA or NY or wealthy areas. You can have plenty of poor move into an area and your supply and demand = higher prices would still exist. Where the wealthy, especially the wealthy liberals, affect the cost of living is with their insatiable need to start "programs" that cost everyone in the community to pay new fees or taxes that benefit a small minority. Whatever their pet-project may be it ends up costing everybody.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has nothing to do with people from CA. You can have plenty move into an area and your supply and demand = higher prices would still exist.

This has been my experience moving from CA to OK anyways. Hell I probably lowered both of my rural neighbors property values when I moved out to the place I live at with my wife who already owned the place before I got out here, just by my presence and all of my weird friends who visit and all of my strange stuff sitting around. And I doubt I raise the prices of anything in my area, if anything I help support my nearby small towns' businesses that otherwise would be suffering losing sales to businesses in the big city just 20 miles away that can afford to sell their stuff at lower warehouse to the public prices. I could go in town to Lowes or Hahns and get much cheaper priced home appliances but I have done all of my business with our local small town appliance guy in Coweta the entire 12 years Ive lived out here because I believe in spending my money local if I can. And Im normally a cheap basturd. But if people dont spend money in their local small town and spend instead at the cheaper places nearby in the big city then small town America just becomes another suburb instead of a self surviving community.

Latest posts

Top Bottom