Bucket List ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can get you to a blind and have a rifle in a tripod for you. It will be fully supported and no recoil. Holiday antlerless season is coming up. 18th-31st.

I know, I know but I can't walk from the handicapped parking at Sam's into the store without needing a basket to lean in right now. 😣 Dude, I literally fold up like a cheap suit. It sucks SO bad. But I've mapped out an bodyweight exercise program. And my doc is getting set up with PT again. Oh ... And she said "Ask your buddy if, while he's got you out there, he can talk some sense into you." 🙄🤐😂😂 Actually, she's really cool and says that she sees no reason why I wouldn't be able to do any kind of hunting I want next year if I stick to the plan. So ... I'll see you in a year with some treats for Jax. 😉😘

And I gotta tell you, walking from the front door to the curb and back every hour SUCKS. I had NO IDEA how much I was leaning on the walls in the hallway and kitchen to get around until I walked out to the curb the first time. 😲 Some how or another I've managed to become a REALLY old woman. 😂😂

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have pretty much done my bucket list. In 2007 we purchased a Goldwing and to date have put over 65K miles on it seeing America. Pulled a trailer with all the gear anticipated. Went to California twice. Key West. Canada. Gulf coast. Yellowstone twice. Glacier Park twice. Crater lake. Yosemite. Redwoods. Rode a hot air balloon at Albuquerque festival. Most all national parks in between. The Hampton was plan A. KOA was plan B. tenting was plan C.

We don’t motorcycle as much any more. Bought a small RV but since the other trips we stay pretty much close to home with it.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Actually, I am having both knees done, but they are partial replacements and not full. Recuperation time is supposed to be much shorter. Besides, with both giving me trouble and getting both done, I can get back to doing what I want sooner.
Good luck. I have a friend who had both full replacements and was golfing 6 months later. He has always been someone who exercises a lot and also wanted to get back to doing what he enjoyed as quickly as possible. He walks now instead of runs but swears it was the best option for him.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually, I am having both knees done, but they are partial replacements and not full. Recuperation time is supposed to be much shorter. Besides, with both giving me trouble and getting both done, I can get back to doing what I want sooner.
My Dr will not do both at the same time. One day at pt, there was a guy on the bike next to me struggling... I mean full out moaning in pain. I asked how far out he was from surgery. He told me he had both done in December, this was in March at pt. I was 3-4 weeks out. Good luck.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Dr will not do both at the same time. One day at pt, there was a guy on the bike next to me struggling... I mean full out moaning in pain. I asked how far out he was from surgery. He told me he had both done in December, this was in March at pt. I was 3-4 weeks out. Good luck.

Oh man ... That sounds horrible ... 😢

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know, I know but I can't walk from the handicapped parking at Sam's into the store without needing a basket to lean in right now. 😣 Dude, I literally fold up like a cheap suit. It sucks SO bad. But I've mapped out an bodyweight exercise program. And my doc is getting set up with PT again. Oh ... And she said "Ask your buddy if, while he's got you out there, he can talk some sense into you." 🙄🤐😂😂 Actually, she's really cool and says that she sees no reason why I wouldn't be able to do any kind of hunting I want next year if I stick to the plan. So ... I'll see you in a year with some treats for Jax. 😉😘

And I gotta tell you, walking from the front door to the curb and back every hour SUCKS. I had NO IDEA how much I was leaning on the walls in the hallway and kitchen to get around until I walked out to the curb the first time. 😲 Some how or another I've managed to become a REALLY old woman. 😂😂
When you are touching walls it's known as wall surfing, when your touching the backs of furniture it's known as furniture surfing, when in a parking lot its called vehicle surfing..........well you get the idea for the past few years I've been surfing most places😏

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Thanks for the good well wishes. I imagine that the doctor would not have asked if I wanted to do both if he didn't feel confident that all would be good. This doctor has been recommended by three people at church, and when I mentioned his name to our primary care giver, she also stated that he is good.

I'm pretty stubborn in my ways, so I plan on making the best of the recovery. I even hope to manage the pain mostly with something like Ibuprofen and maximum strength Tylenol. With a little luck, maybe I won't be on the prescribed pain medications very long.

Also, I've been praying for your continued recovery.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've never understood the whole RV thing. Spent 3 weeks in a smaller one going around parts of Alaska with an ex girlfriend. Every time I saw a guy by himself on a motorcycle I was wishing I could trade him places. Maybe it was her, maybe it was me, or maybe the RV. It costs a fortune for gas and upkeep. I'd rather just camp or stay in a nice hotel. I do think the traveling around part would be interesting.
The problem was being location. Glamping vs camping is our style of RV'ing.
The resorts we stay for months at a time offer multiple pools, hot tubs, live music, lapidary shops, painting classes, libraries, softball teams that compete with other RV parks, RC car racing, Expedition's to local hiking trails, discounts to local attractions , restaurants and bars on site and the list goes on.
You can sit in your RV get on the phone, order a margarita from the bar and have it billed and delivered to the front door of the RV in minutes.
What's not to like about that?
I get the motorcycle thing. I've owned one since 12 years old in motocross until the 80's. Laying down the Goldwing three times in one year to avoid a collision convinced me that that was not the way I wanted to die.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the good well wishes. I imagine that the doctor would not have asked if I wanted to do both if he didn't feel confident that all would be good. This doctor has been recommended by three people at church, and when I mentioned his name to our primary care giver, she also stated that he is good.

I'm pretty stubborn in my ways, so I plan on making the best of the recovery. I even hope to manage the pain mostly with something like Ibuprofen and maximum strength Tylenol. With a little luck, maybe I won't be on the prescribed pain medications very long.

Also, I've been praying for your continued recovery.
Good luck Terry. One of the guys I elk hunted with had both replaced one spring, and climbed the mountains with us the following fall. Out walked some of us including me.
He said it felt better than it had in many years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom