Bucket List ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the good well wishes. I imagine that the doctor would not have asked if I wanted to do both if he didn't feel confident that all would be good. This doctor has been recommended by three people at church, and when I mentioned his name to our primary care giver, she also stated that he is good.

I'm pretty stubborn in my ways, so I plan on making the best of the recovery. I even hope to manage the pain mostly with something like Ibuprofen and maximum strength Tylenol. With a little luck, maybe I won't be on the prescribed pain medications very long.

Also, I've been praying for your continued recovery.
Thank you very much Terry! I now know what true pain is. And don't be afraid to use pain meds. They truly helped me. Also, don't just rely on physical therapy to get exercises done. And use the CPM(knee extension machine) machine like the Dr. says. I had to do it 3 times a day, 2 hours at a time. Let us know when you plan to have the procedure done! I will encourage you the best I can!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you very much Terry! I now know what true pain is. And don't be afraid to use pain meds. They truly helped me. Also, don't just rely on physical therapy to get exercises done. And use the CPM(knee extension machine) machine like the Dr. says. I had to do it 3 times a day, 2 hours at a time. Let us know when you plan to have the procedure done! I will encourage you the best I can!

January 23 is the scheduled date.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1702515343616.jpg

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know, I know but I can't walk from the handicapped parking at Sam's into the store without needing a basket to lean in right now. 😣 Dude, I literally fold up like a cheap suit. It sucks SO bad. But I've mapped out an bodyweight exercise program. And my doc is getting set up with PT again. Oh ... And she said "Ask your buddy if, while he's got you out there, he can talk some sense into you." 🙄🤐😂😂 Actually, she's really cool and says that she sees no reason why I wouldn't be able to do any kind of hunting I want next year if I stick to the plan. So ... I'll see you in a year with some treats for Jax. 😉😘

And I gotta tell you, walking from the front door to the curb and back every hour SUCKS. I had NO IDEA how much I was leaning on the walls in the hallway and kitchen to get around until I walked out to the curb the first time. 😲 Some how or another I've managed to become a REALLY old woman. 😂😂
I bought a walker last week on Amazon. Some days I need it, others I don't but I've taken a few falls the last year.

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The older I get the Bucket list shrinks. Priority and value system changes the wiser we get me thinks. Doing anything with my 3 sons tops the list. Currently, I'm just trying to fish as many top lakes in the U.S. Maybe travel somewhere I never thought I would go. Or, simply do something with the grand children. Would like to ride the Tail of the Dragon or Million Dollar Highway. The list will be different tomorrow 🤷‍♂️
One of many trips to Deals Gap (tail of the dragon) , try the skyway up there too, it’s a good ride. 421 (the snake) up by Bristol Tennessee is good too.

Attachments

• 886F8CED-9A0F-4223-84BA-BC8248877B45.jpeg
    886F8CED-9A0F-4223-84BA-BC8248877B45.jpeg
    189 KB · Views: 0

Camo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get the last 4 states, I’ve been to 46, need Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Hawaii.

See Alcatraz, but I hate commiefornia.

Stand on the deck of the Might Mo in Hawaii.

Visit fallen brothers in Arlington.

Gotta make it to Kodiak Island once.

Kinda want to see Chernobyl. Not sure why.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Get the last 4 states, I’ve been to 46, need Vermont, Rhode Island, Connecticut and Hawaii.

See Alcatraz, but I hate commiefornia.

Stand on the deck of the Might Mo in Hawaii.

Visit fallen brothers in Arlington.

Gotta make it to Kodiak Island once.

Kinda want to see Chernobyl. Not sure why.
Got to see Alcatraz this year, I would not make a special trip to see it. I would see it if in SF for other reasons. Coolest part was watching the coast guard practice water rescues not far off the island from a helo for 45 minutes.

}BuLL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmm ... Go dancing (that one won't happen with Grumpy. He's such a stick in the mud. 🙄) so I'll just step out to Triples ... Or maybe Margherita Island some night -- then the weather warms up. 😂 Yes, I'm a fairy weather club-hopper. 😉
Come out and try square dancing. I got dragged to lessons a while back, and honestly it is more fun than I ever thought! No fancy footwork needed, if you can walk and know right from left then you will do fine. Bonus is you will meet lots of great people! Bring Grumpy or don't :P there will be plenty of experienced dancers to fill in and make him jealous, lol. First lesson is a free trial and if I remember right, this location isn't far from you. No excuses ;)

Attachments

• 409174130.jpg
    409174130.jpg
    202.7 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Top Bottom