Bucket List ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in the town where Foretravel motorhomes are built, and I know folks that work there and sell them. Unless you’re buying a used older model, I seriously doubt $300k would even get you close what you want.
Yeah, a 3 to 5 year ild unit with less than 50k miles can be had in the 190 to 250k range from what I've seen.
In this economy, toys are selling cheap barely used.
Same with boats and guns.
I could spend 500k but why, if I don't have too...

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my home, buying a high end 3 axel diesel pusher motor home with 3 slide out min, and a tow vehicle, and live like @TerryMiller and just travel the country. My bucket list is all located here in America.
OK has nothing left for me other than mom and she's not long for this life anymore so ill wait.
The older I get the better this plan sounds!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, a 3 to 5 year ild unit with less than 50k miles can be had in the 190 to 250k range from what I've seen.
When you get ready, contact Motorhomes of Texas.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm considering selling my home, buying a high end 3 axel diesel pusher motor home with 3 slide out min, and a tow vehicle, and live like @TerryMiller and just travel the country. My bucket list is all located here in America.
OK has nothing left for me other than mom and she's not long for this life anymore so ill wait.

Oh, I'd have a lot of custom furniture, custom bed... I said high end. Might cost me $300,000 but beats paying my current utilities, upkeep, home ins and the ever increasing property tax.
Fees at a nice campground would be a drop in the bucket compared.
Diesel fuel is a different story but I can stay parked or drive as I want.

Seriously consider how you want to RV before making a purchase. For instance, in our case, we chose to travel to some place and spend months so that we could see as much in that area as possible. For such a plan, a towable (think fifth wheel for space to live in) is best because one can park the RV and drive around in the tow vehicle seeing things. Motorhomes do best when one is moving on fairly regularly. Those in the RV world believe that a motorhome needs to be "exercised" so as to keep seals and bearings in good shape.

In all honesty, we have been living in our RV now for 12 years, and the last five years we have been in the same RV park. We've decided that for the cost of diesel to tow the fifth wheel around, we could stay in hotels much cheaper if we want to travel.

It is great getting to go see new places, which is one of the things the wife and I have been blessed with. As for bucket list stuff, after my knees get fixed next month and I recuperate, I imagine the wife and I will do some more traveling. We have relatives now in Virginia and Idaho. Idaho we've been to numerous times, but we've spent very little time in Virginia.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Drive a car over 200mph.
Drive a boat over 100mph.
Oktoberfest in Munich.<<<<<<
Watch my kids thrive and succeed in life.
Not necessarily in that order.
Woohoo!!! Someone's bucket list item that I've actually checked off! And I have to say, the MASSIVE hangover I had the next full day was totally worth it and I'd love to do it again.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously consider how you want to RV before making a purchase. For instance, in our case, we chose to travel to some place and spend months so that we could see as much in that area as possible. For such a plan, a towable (think fifth wheel for space to live in) is best because one can park the RV and drive around in the tow vehicle seeing things. Motorhomes do best when one is moving on fairly regularly. Those in the RV world believe that a motorhome needs to be "exercised" so as to keep seals and bearings in good shape.

In all honesty, we have been living in our RV now for 12 years, and the last five years we have been in the same RV park. We've decided that for the cost of diesel to tow the fifth wheel around, we could stay in hotels much cheaper if we want to travel.

It is great getting to go see new places, which is one of the things the wife and I have been blessed with. As for bucket list stuff, after my knees get fixed next month and I recuperate, I imagine the wife and I will do some more traveling. We have relatives now in Virginia and Idaho. Idaho we've been to numerous times, but we've spent very little time in Virginia.
Yes a motorhome needs exercise, I agree. I'm not talking about staying somewhere for months though. I'd probably move every week or 2.
I have the money to afford fuel and alot of places I want to visit as well as friends to visit.
Thanks for the input though, always informative.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes a motorhome needs exercise, I agree. I'm not talking about staying somewhere for months though. I'd probably move every week or 2.
I have the money to afford fuel and alot of places I want to visit as well as friends to visit.
Thanks for the input though, always informative.
And if I get enough of it, motorhomes sell easy when maintained.
And then on to Equador lol

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don’t want a diesel pusher Class A unless you have a butt-ton of money to spend on tire replacement, engine repairs and so on. 5th wheels can actually have more square footage than a lot of the busses and are danged comfortable.
Leather recliners with heat and massage functionality. 6’ leather couches to stretch out on with appliances that rival any home.
I know you’ve owned diesel pickups in the past but we’ve been in the RV world for 8 years now, spending 6-7 months on the road annually.
If we had Elon Musk money, I’d probably own a Prevost Class A that run about a million dollars each. We have seen one that cost 2 million in Arizona last winter.

Living our bucket list current with travel. Most of the rest were reached years ago.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep! I am most assuredly blessed in that department. My biggest problem is I don't have the upper body strength to hike my own stuff in and out and I'll be damned if I expect anyone else to do it for me. I have a year to see if I can get the muscle I've lost back. We shall see when next November rolls around.

Would?? Most definitely. Could?? Absolutely not. Not right now. But we WILL revisit this whole thing next fall. I'm not getting any younger. And those fractures have healed enough that I don't believe me doing bodyweight and weight-lifting exercises will mess them up now. For some reason doctors like to try to scare you into not doing anything. "You're an old woman. Old women have horrible bones." "You are just gonna put yourself in a wheelchair." "Why can't you just act your age?? Why you ALWAYS have questions about stuff you SHOULDN'T be doing??" Lol

My last MRI showed all my fractures healed and stable. My last bone density test showed I'd moved from having osteopenia (stage before osteoporosis to having normal bone density), something both my PCP and my neurosurgeon says is practically unheard of.

So ... I'm gonna say, tentatively, I will be able to get up in a tree stand by next November. And if I can't it won't be from lack of trying. 🤷

A few years ago, when RNGs were all the rage, Grumpy did not want to do them. I dunno. He just didn't. Probably something about spending 25 years sitting in a patrol car. Anyway, we had a HUGE blowout here because he basically forbade me to "do it". 😲🤔🤔 Have you met me?? was the first thought I had AFTER I got over the initial shock of some fella telling me I wasn't gonna do something. 😂😂😂 Now ... I didn't shoot at either RNG because I had to make a decision to miss out completely or take meds that, at that time, altered my ability a bit (I had just started pain management and those danged pills used to **** me up HORRIBLY) or not go at all. Nope. I'm showing up. I finished the course both times.

First time the GUY I was buddies up with didn't even make it halfway. After running his mouth on here about how he was gonna kick everyone's ass. He didn't train at all I found out later, because he thought I would tap out and I would be his excuse to quit. Yeah ... He's NOT a friend any longer. Not because of that -- there was some other stuff, too, but ... Nope. I finished.

Second time was the same deal. Given my age, and the physical limitations I had BEFORE the damned tree attacked me, I'm honestly surprised I finished either time. But I did. AND ... I got to see my ONLY female friend in this world take a shot, that to this day, I'd defy ANY man or woman to do. She fell while we were jogging through the woods and landed FLAT on her AR. **** ...😬😬 Got up, finished the jog, got to the first rifle stage and took her first shot. No ding, nothing. Which is NOT like her. I wanna say it was 500 yards but it's been a while. Maybe @SMS remembers because he was ROing that stage. Second shot same thing BUT I saw the lightbulb come on. She'd knocked her optic loose. So ... Without missing a beat she turned her rifle sideways and LOOKING DOWN THE RIGHT SIDE OF HER ******* RIFLE she hit that target dead center.😲 Greg and I just looked at each other like 😲😲😲😲😲 . I just shrugged my shoulders and off we went. Cuz she was ready to move before we had had time to blink twice.

I wouldn't have missed either one of them for the world. And Grumpy doesn't tell me I can't do stuff I want to do anymore. Win-win if you ask me.😇😇

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my mom this summer, and I don't envy you that journey. I considered running like hell after that, and if I didn't have my brother and his family close, I very well might've.

Steve Lehto has a few videos on the topic of "Don't buy an RV" on his YouTube channel, so you might want to check them out just to see the negatives.
https://www.youtube.com/@stevelehto/search?query=don't buy an rv

Latest posts

Top Bottom