Broke my neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
K, just to be clear, I'm NOT planning on shooting any time soon. I'll probably wait a few weeks after I'm cleared, and even then it will be a .22. I'll slowly work my way into it, kinda life physical therapy.

I can understand the "no sleep" thing BB. Since Saturday (when I broke it) I've had a total of maybe 8 hours sleep. The only thing that's weird to me is that I haven't gone No. 2 yet. They did give me a stool softener because the other meds "make it tough" apparently. I just want to go doodoo. lol It reminds me of boot camp. I didn't "go" for the first 2 1/2 weeks. lol

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah ... some of those meds will F you up and not seem like they are helping at all ... UNTIL you stop taking them that is ... I'm no doctor but I can tell you what has worked for me ... I PM'd ya with all the gory details ... lol

Where's TMC when you need her??

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that's weird to me is that I haven't gone No. 2 yet. They did give me a stool softener because the other meds "make it tough" apparently. I just want to go doodoo. lol It reminds me of boot camp. I didn't "go" for the first 2 1/2 weeks. lol
I seems to recall in 1991 when I had a nasty car wreak I chipped a vertebrae in my neck. It paralyzed my bladder for 3 days and it was 6 or 7 days before I could do #2. So I feel your pain in that area.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
K, just to be clear, I'm NOT planning on shooting any time soon. I'll probably wait a few weeks after I'm cleared, and even then it will be a .22. I'll slowly work my way into it, kinda life physical therapy.

I can understand the "no sleep" thing BB. Since Saturday (when I broke it) I've had a total of maybe 8 hours sleep. The only thing that's weird to me is that I haven't gone No. 2 yet. They did give me a stool softener because the other meds "make it tough" apparently. I just want to go doodoo. lol It reminds me of boot camp. I didn't "go" for the first 2 1/2 weeks. lol

Be sure you tell your doc and use that softner ASAP. You want to avoid any secondary problems.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be sure you tell your doc and use that softner ASAP. You want to avoid any secondary problems.

I've been taking the softener twice a day (that's what it says to do on the bottle). If I don't "go" by tomorrow I'm going to give them a call. One friend of mine suggested trying a laxative. What do you think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom