Broke my neck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As everyone has pointed out, you were very, very lucky. You could have easily died or been in a wheelchair for life. I also agree with BB and Tdoc, no shooting until the doc clears you. If you have to many withdrawal symptoms, take a different gun to bed with you every night. That way they do not get lonely and you get variety. :D

Get well soon.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HEY!! Don't do it ... NOT until the doctor clears you ... Not even with a .22. I'm telling you it is NOT worth it. My injuries are at C2 and C3 also ... WAIT until the doctor clears you completely and then start slow ... I mean really slow ... like a few shots at a time slow ... In case you can't tell, the voice of experience is speaking here ...
I would like to say I was not saying he should go shoot if he was advised against it . But he could ask the Doctor if that would hurt anything shooting something of that caliber. In essence he would either get cleared to shoot or not cleared. I would never suggest him or anyone doing anything that places them in harms way. Doctors orders all the way.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess that is a good excuse for not making it to the match on Sunday.

lol. I was dying to go out there! I was telling all the doc's and nurses I had a benefit to go to and they needed to get me better. My buddies took the water and charcoal out there for me, hopefully it was enough. It's good to hear how much was raised! This is a great forum with an incredible group of people!!!

Oh, and you should have heard my boss' reaction when I told him I wasn't going to make it in for a few days. He said "You did WHAT?!?!" It was hilarious! lol

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to say I was not saying he should go shoot if he was advised against it . But he could ask the Doctor if that would hurt anything shooting something of that caliber. In essence he would either get cleared to shoot or not cleared. I would never suggest him or anyone doing anything that places them in harms way. Doctors orders all the way.

I didn't think that at all ... I just saw his comment about giving it a go in a few weeks. Just in case anyone is wondering I was cleared by my doctor to start shooting again. She made it clear that I needed to not go gun-ho and spend half a day at the range and that long rifles and shotguns were really out of the question.

A couple of magazines through a .22 and less than one magazine of really light loads (GC made some "special bullets" for me -- I doubt very seriously if a chonograph would have picked them up -- hell they barely cycled the slide lol) through my Glock made it clear to me that there was a very distinct possibility that shooting was no longer in my future. I have tried a couple of times since then with the same results.

I realize grizzly probably doesn't have exactly the same type of injury I do but I have found that your neck is a really integral part of any kind of meaningful movement. **sigh**

I can't tell you how many things I used to do just in the course of an average day that are impossible for me to do now. Or that if I do them I wind up popping pills and laying around for 3 or 4 weeks to wait for the pain to become manageable again.

It's really pretty danged depressing sometimes. I wouldn't wish this off on my worst enemy.

ETA: as you can see from the time on this post sleep is one of those things I don't do so well anymore ...

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lol. I was dying to go out there! I was telling all the doc's and nurses I had a benefit to go to and they needed to get me better. My buddies took the water and charcoal out there for me, hopefully it was enough. It's good to hear how much was raised! This is a great forum with an incredible group of people!!!

Oh, and you should have heard my boss' reaction when I told him I wasn't going to make it in for a few days. He said "You did WHAT?!?!" It was hilarious! lol

It was plenty, we truly appreciate your contributions.

About 3 years ago I woke up with this crazy pain in my arm, when I finally went to the doctor a few days later they sent me for an MRI and learned that at some point in my life I had broken C5.

Latest posts

Top Bottom