bug out vehicle or foot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think this all kind of depends on at what point you plan on blazing. I've got a couple options of destination and vehicle would be by far easiest and ally the most gear to come along, not to mention I've got two small children. The flip side to that is that my thoughts on bugging out are pretty much in the case of cities being locked down and roads being blocked, I know every backroad in the county but so does every governing official out their. So your opinion is it worth trying to drive out and sneak around in a vehicle vs hiking out on foot. Foot would be slow but I can stay in the woods the entire time.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have no intentions of walking anywhere it would be safe to ride. The distance you can cover within minutes by a vehicle could take hours on foot. The longer you're traveling the greater your exposure to trouble.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm...
Uhhh...

Wow!!

Not my place to judge.

Haha! His "Location" clearly states "your closet" ...

someone just needs to open the door for me first................we talkin bout the same closet? ha!!!

It's not gonna do any good to open the door to my closet ... a bunch of stuff would just fall out and you'd break your neck tripping over all of it! Better you just sit tight and wait for the Salvation Army ...

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think your vehicle needs to have the ability to get you home. There is a possibility that you will need to pick up your significant other. Can you cross a ditch successfully? How about a curb? The ability to get home may be a non conventional way. Is your current vehicle capable? I also have a child, they will not have the ability to travel very far on foot then your trying to carry 50-60 lbs of dead weight. With children the possibilty of moving on foot IMO shoild be last resort. My vehicle is a tuned 4x4 diesel with lift kit and bumpers able to push what ever needed out of the way. First responsibility needs to be security of family and a lot of times it is best served where you know the terrain the best, be that at home or in the woods.

Latest posts

Top Bottom